Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
You all know how kludgy photo/image uploads are in the old Google Places dashboard right? If your client wants a new cover photo, you have to delete all 10 and start over because there is no re-ordering photos and the 1st photo is the profile photo.

Can you spell W A S T E D... T I M E ?

Well that and many other problems will become a thing of the past once you get upgraded to the new Google Places Dashboard.

I have not seen any discussions here about it and was not sure folks were aware, so here's a screen shot from the test account Google gave me. I've been meaning to share this feature update for awhile now.

Image Management in the New Google Places Dashboard

NewDashImages.jpg

Very nice! (And one of the many "better late than never" features you'll get with the new dashboard.)

PLUS in case you missed my announcement about it last week, Image uploads will be much faster with the new dash as well.

Got email from Jade saying that she posted an update at the Google forum.

Update - May 30

If you're using the new dashboard, your photo uploading experience is now improved. Photos uploaded via the new Place for Business dashboard will now go live in hours in most cases.
You can send us feedback about this and other features by clicking on the gear on the right ->

In case you have not seen all the other features here is my announcement post.
Major Update - New Google Places Dashboard - All-in-one Local Listing Management

Plus here is my May 25th announcement about the fact that the New Dashboard update is rolling out gradually to existing accounts. New Google Dashboard Rolling out to Existing Places Accounts

Change IS coming! Wait for it! :p

OR if you have already had the opportunity to work with the new dash, share your thoughts below.

NewDashImages.jpg

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Ya I think after everyone is upgraded and gets used to the new dash we'll all be relieved. So many things are improved and so many problems go away with the new interface!

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Linda Buquet GMB Photos 3.0 Update Launches with Major Improvements Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Linda Buquet Major Google Local Review Improvements! Better Algo = More Reviews Local Reviews 20
C Major SERP shakeup Google Algorithm Discussions 3
StephanieNewton Local RankFlux reporting major spike in flux to local rankings🚨 Local Search 27
L Majority of organic traffic outside US Local Search 1
djbaxter Website Push Notifications: How to Disable Them in Major Browsers Forum Tech Support 0
Garrett Sussman 4 Major Barriers Preventing Your Happy Customers From Writing Positive Online Reviews Local Reviews 0
S Listing disappeared in local 3 pack for major keyword Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Linda Buquet Twitter, Reddit and Many Other Sites Down due to Major DDoS Attack Marketing 3
H at least 50% of my clients have major GA problems when we start Consultant's Corner 2
O Major Map Pack Movement in both FL and WA for HVAC and Home Imprv. Keywords 9/20/16 Local Search 9
Lee Alley Major Mall's Chain Store Tenants Listed Under Farmers Market Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Tim Colling Is JSON-LD supported by most of the major search engines now? Local Search 0
Linda Buquet Google Local GMB Update Causing Major Confusion Especially for Consultants Google My Business & Google Maps 7
Linda Buquet Major Google Local Algo Changes - No it was a BUG, Now Fixed Google My Business & Google Maps 36
Linda Buquet Major Update: New Guidelines for Google My Business (Google Places) Google My Business & Google Maps 65
Linda Buquet Major Google Local Algo Update - Google "Pigeon" Update Shakes it Up! Google My Business & Google Maps 145
grasshoppersean Possible multiple problems and a major violation on your Place page Help & Support for Google Local 7
djbaxter WordPress: Major update to Yoast's Local SEO plugin Websites, Software, and Security 0
J Anyone Notice Major Decreases in Google Maps Traffic Recently? Google My Business & Google Maps 9
Marie Ysais Ranking Practices by Local Major SEO Companies Local Search 2
C One of my major competitors is using a site called www.linkmarket.com Organic SEO 11
J Major drop in ranking - what would you do? Help & Support for Google Local 26
Linda Buquet Major Update? Missing Links to Google+ Local Pages and New Review Windows Google My Business & Google Maps 24
Linda Buquet Google Local Listings Carousel? Major Update Coming? Google My Business & Google Maps 20
Linda Buquet Major Update - New Google Places Dashboard - All-in-one Local Listing Management Google My Business & Google Maps 101
Linda Buquet Major Problems with Incorrect NAP Data for Local Businesses Local Search 3
G MAJOR Google Local KW & City Stuffing - Watch me Nuke This One Spam on Google 9
Linda Buquet Highlights of MAJOR Google+Local Updates & Changes Jan 2013 Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Linda Buquet Google+ Local Search Buzz ? Major Google Local Updates Local Search 0
R Business Name Containing the word 'THE' - Variations Among Major Aggregators Local Search 4
R Can We Trust the Major Aggregators? Whats the Best Way to Propagate NAP Data to IYPs? Citations 12
Linda Buquet Local Search Ecosystem - Lots of Updates and Major New Graphic Local Search 0
raellovepie How I fight spam. Can I improve it? Spam on Google 9
djbaxter Google Search Console: New and improved crawl stats for your site Organic SEO 0
P Creating Content Silo to improve Category Page (Best Practice Query) Local Content 1
Jens How long until improvements are visible Local Search 4
LauraUK Web 2.0's for improvements to GMB Ranking Google My Business & Google Maps 2
raellovepie "Complete these tasks to improve your profile and unlock quotes" Google My Business & Google Maps 1
P How to improve positions from 10 to 3? Recycle Bin 0
B How to improve positions from 10 to 3? Recycle Bin 0
S How to improve positions from 10 to 3? Organic SEO 5
S Has anyone seen improved rankings from doing GMB posts consistently? Google My Business & Google Maps 14
K SEO Improvements to the GMB Recycle Bin 0
JohnS SEO Improvements to the GMB Google My Business & Google Maps 18
R Free Webinar: 15 Things You Must Do to Improve Your Google My Business Rank in 2019 Events 2
Dan Foland Google Officially Announces 'Local Service Businesses' Improvements Service Area Businesses 6
TomW Map location is approximate. Can you help us improve it? Google News: Important Changes & Features 3
P Guide/suggestions for improving my GMB local listing? wordpress plugins? Local Search 14
J Organic Rankings Recovering From Medic; Local Still Not Improving Google Algorithm Discussions 7