More threads by efulk

efulk

Reaction score
A client I work with is active in their GBP dashboard and has recently found that when they click on a listing to change information, view updates, etc., they're automatically being directed to the listing in Search and see options to manage the listing from there. They prefer the dashboard view. I reached out to support to see if there were back-end settings that may have inadvertently been switched that could be switched back, but their response seems more like they're making updates to the system interface and this could be a widespread change? I could very well be misunderstanding their message, but regardless, I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced the change in how/where to manage their listings without making any changes themselves, or if there's been word on widespread changes to the dashboard. Thanks in advance!

For reference, here is the response from support:

I understand you're concerned as you are being redirected to Google search instead of being able to manage your profile through the Business Profile Manager. I have reviewed how you are being redirected to your business profile on Google Search and I assure you that our system is working as intended.

As we continue to update our system, the behaviour of being redirected to your business profile on Google Search instead of Business Profile Manager is also part of the updates in the system interface and I can confirm that there is no issue on the interface. I would request you to continue managing your profile as the system redirects.

That is correct. Once Google forces you to the new interface you can't go back to managing the individual listing in the old dashboard.

A client I work with is active in their GBP dashboard and has recently found that when they click on a listing to change information, view updates, etc., they're automatically being directed to the listing in Search and see options to manage the listing from there. They prefer the dashboard view. I reached out to support to see if there were back-end settings that may have inadvertently been switched that could be switched back, but their response seems more like they're making updates to the system interface and this could be a widespread change? I could very well be misunderstanding their message, but regardless, I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced the change in how/where to manage their listings without making any changes themselves, or if there's been word on widespread changes to the dashboard. Thanks in advance!

For reference, here is the response from support:

I understand you're concerned as you are being redirected to Google search instead of being able to manage your profile through the Business Profile Manager. I have reviewed how you are being redirected to your business profile on Google Search and I assure you that our system is working as intended.

As we continue to update our system, the behaviour of being redirected to your business profile on Google Search instead of Business Profile Manager is also part of the updates in the system interface and I can confirm that there is no issue on the interface. I would request you to continue managing your profile as the system redirects.

Tell your client to try one of these hacks

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom