More threads by Tim Colling

Tim Colling

Local Search Expert
LocalU Member
Solutions
Reaction score
We work with a lot of small assisted living facilities (aka "board and care homes"). Many of them are getting 3D virtual tours created by photographers using special Matterport camera equipment that creates a neat-o virual tour. Here's an example of how they turn out: Explore Pepper Tree Assisted Living in 3D

I'm looking for ways to utilize their 3D virtual tours on clients' Google My Business listings. We can upload photos and videos to GMB listings, but not Matterport 3D tours (as far as I know, at least).

Does anyone here know of a way to upload Matterport tours to GMB listings?

One thing that I thought about doing was adding a link like the one I included above somewhere in their GMB listing, like in the "From the Business" description field, but I don't remember whether it is "safe" to include links in that field; I don't want to trigger any automatic suspensions.​

Or if not, do you know whether there is there a way to create a video file from a 3D tour, which we could then upload to a client's GMB listing?

Thanks in advance for your help!

We work with a lot of small assisted living facilities (aka "board and care homes"). Many of them are getting 3D virtual tours created by photographers using special Matterport camera equipment that creates a neat-o virual tour. Here's an example of how they turn out: Explore Pepper Tree Assisted Living in 3D

I'm looking for ways to utilize their 3D virtual tours on clients' Google My Business listings. We can upload photos and videos to GMB listings, but not Matterport 3D tours (as far as I know, at least).

Does anyone here know of a way to upload Matterport tours to GMB listings?

One thing that I thought about doing was adding a link like the one I included above somewhere in their GMB listing, like in the "From the Business" description field, but I don't remember whether it is "safe" to include links in that field; I don't want to trigger any automatic suspensions.​

Or if not, do you know whether there is there a way to create a video file from a 3D tour, which we could then upload to a client's GMB listing?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Hi Tim

I think the best thing to do would be to upload it to Street View. You can read more on that here.

Also, Matterport states the same thing and they uploaded instructions on how to do that here .

Hi Tim

I think the best thing to do would be to upload it to Street View. You can read more on that here.

Also, Matterport states the same thing and they uploaded instructions on how to do that here .

It looks like you have to have an account on the Matterport site to do this, and it looks like your account has to be the "owner" of the virtual tour in question.

It looks like you have to have an account on the Matterport site to do this, and it looks like your account has to be the "owner" of the virtual tour in question.
Ah sorry about that Tim. The only other option I know is Tour Creator via Google. I'm sorry I couldn't be more help.

In Matterport you can directly upload these tours to their business listing! :) We do it for our clients. Just click on apps at the top of your published space. You'll see the option there to add it to Google Maps. I suggest getting a Google Street View account so that you can manage them later or transfer the rights to the client if you want once it's uploaded.

Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 9.32.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 9.32.40 AM.png

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom