More threads by peweb

peweb

Reaction score
Hello,

I verified the business without category. The real category is private enforcement agent but it doesnt exist. I see other private bailiffs are listed on the map as First + Family Name (private enforcement agent) each in a different category. This business is actually run under real people names - no company or business name.

What should I do?

Bailiff as primary category got rejected.

Thanks!

Screenshot - Google Search.png

Last edited:
@peweb, there are a lot of topics here: competitive research, why categories get rejected, which category is most accurate, keyword-stuffing the business name, and how all of that affects rankings. I'm not clear on what the question is.

@peweb, there are a lot of topics here: competitive research, why categories get rejected, which category is most accurate, keyword-stuffing the business name, and how all of that affects rankings. I'm not clear on what the question is.

Thanks for your reply.

The question is why categories get rejected.

We already added private enforcement agent in the title as this is part of business name. It is visible now. But we still can not choose a category. The most accuare one is bailiff but it got rejected. We tried the legal services (used by other PEA) but got rejected again. In fact I see it in orange with a horizontal line on it and there is a message

This location has updated information from Google users or other sources. Review these published updates to make sure that they're accurate.

What is this? I made the chane and I am the owner.

@peweb, two things I'd try next:

1. Make sure the phrase "private enforcement agent" is prominent on the GMB landing page URL (probably your homepage). Ideally it's not just thrown in, but is part of at least a couple of paragraphs of content on that profession / service. It should also be in the title tag, of course. The landing page content seems to have an effect on Google's overwrites of your GMB page.

2. Make sure any third-party, YellowPages-type directories also use that category, or the closest one. I assume the business is in Bulgaria. If so, I'm not sure what specific sites are consequential there, but this list may help somewhat: Top Local Citations by Country - The World's Best Local Business Listings

Last edited:

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom