More threads by freerunr

Reaction score
Didn't get any action at the Google Maps help forum on this, so posting here in case someone well-informed on this topic has thoughts.

We manages many websites that utilize standard embedded maps manually acquired on google.com/maps without any API use, and feature points of interests or GMB pages. To bring the websites more in line with WCAG, we're wondering if there is any violation of Google policy by inserting a title attribute into these embed codes. I have not found any documentation about this. Because this would impact many websites, I'm curious if anyone can point me in the right direction on any documentation that addresses if Google would have an issue with such modification to their code on an individual basis, but on a large scale (1-3 unique embedded maps used on several hundred websites).

Example
The added attribute would probably be something as simple as title="map of [business name]" inserted into to a code acquired from Maps like below.

Code:
<iframe src="https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m18!1m12!1m3!1d3168.636510448735!2d-122.08627838544692!3d37.42206557982518!2m3!1f0!2f0!3f0!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1!3m3!1m2!1s0x808fba02425dad8f:0x6c296c66619367e0!2sGoogleplex!5e0!3m2!1sen!2sus!4v1600197873439!5m2!1sen!2sus" width="600" height="450" frameborder="0" style="border:0;" allowfullscreen="" aria-hidden="false" tabindex="0"></iframe>

Hi,

Do you have a link to your question in the Google Maps forum?

In general, the Google Support forums will not provide interpretations of any Google legal documents or an opinion in the absence of one.

@GregM Here you go: {thread has been deleted}

That's good to know about general information provided in the forums. Curious if you have a specific recommendation on where to go for that.

Thanks for your help.

Hi,

It looks like that thread has been deleted.

For legal advice, I would recommend speaking to a legal professional that is qualified to give advice in your jurisdiction.

Some website creation experts might also have some insight but I don't believe this forum gives that type of advice and I know that the Google Maps forum does not offer programming advice.

So strange! The thread is still visible from the user account where I posted it. No notifications about it being removed for spam or anything....

1601318889761.png

But anyway, we're not expecting legal advice provided through either of these forums :) Just curious if someone could point us to the right documentation provided by Google. Thanks again for chiming in, @GregM.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom