tdavis

Reaction score
My business has two Google places listings. One listing is for store front and one is for the warehouse:

warehouse listing - https://plus.google.com/116690771012031128333/about?hl=en

store front listing - https://plus.google.com/106793251974363451555/about?hl=en

We are ranking in the maps pack for "downtown florist chicago il" but the listing that comes up is the warehouse listing. We dont want this listing to exist, we want the store front one coming up in its place.

How would you recommend we proceed without affecting the current rankings? We are worried if we delete the warehouse listing we might loose any ranking associated with this listing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Google won't delete the other listing. You basically need 'minimize' it to make it less important in the algo's eyes. Think of the algo like a kindergartener trying to play a match game.

one is for the warehouse:

The description right on the G+ L page says it's a cash and carry store, so why would the algo think it was a warehouse. To me and to the algo it sounds like I can walk in and buy and does not sound like a warehouse.

Try to remove the category Florist and use something generic like warehouse if there is one.

PLUS that location is right in your header. AND that location is on your contact us page too.
This all gives the user AND Google a strong signal that that's a retail location.

So you need to give her different signals, if you don't want that one to be prominent.

Remove from home and contact. OR put location in an image on contact us and say warehouse only.

Change the category.

Change the link on the G+ L listing for the warehouse to the about us page, or some internal page. Home has the most authority usually and they are both competing for the home page ranking. So Google had to pick and picked the wrong one. So give her clearer signals about which one you WANT her to pick.

Does that make sense?

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
G Multiple Locations & Google Places Google My Business & Google Maps 4
S Multiple Google Places Problem for Orthodontist Help & Support for Google Local 2
Linda Buquet Multiple Agents/Professionals @ Same Location - Google Places Best Practice Tips Local Search 15
M Multiple reviews changed to “A Google User” Help & Support for Google Local 2
C Website URLs for Multiple locations in Google My Business & Local Citations Google My Business & Google Maps 2
D Google My Business (GMB) Multiple Doctors & Locations for Same Clinic (with different brands) Google My Business & Google Maps 7
djbaxter Google Search Console bug? Suddenly multiple messages about Mobility Usability Mobile & Social 10
W Google My Business for Multiple Doctors at One Practice Google My Business & Google Maps 11
mattfraser Do Multiple Google My Business Listings hurt your Local SEO Help & Support for Google Local 3
Linda Buquet Multiple Tricks for getting Google to Index & Crawl Local Sites Faster Local Search 0
C Google Local: Multiple Businesses, Same Address Google My Business & Google Maps 8
H Managing multiple Google My Business accounts Google My Business & Google Maps 3
C Google + Local Multiple locations (1250 locations) Google My Business & Google Maps 5
P Claiming multiple unrelated listings with a single Google account - Downsides? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
S Joining multiple Google+ Pages under 2 accounts Help & Support for Google Local 5
iwebresults Worried: Multiple Accounts - New google login page Google Local 101 5
Linda Buquet Multiple Managers & Transfer Ownership Added to Local Google+ Business Pages Google My Business & Google Maps 11
drian Multiple Google+ Business Pages? Local & National? Google My Business & Google Maps 7
B Google + Local Page Not Showing Up For Multiple Keywords? Help & Support for Google Local 7
bluehabit Google + Multiple Listings Question: Acceptable or Penalization in the Making? Google My Business & Google Maps 14
A Warning: Multiple Websites Cause Problems with Google+ Local Google My Business & Google Maps 14
C Multiple Google+ Business pages under one profile Google My Business & Google Maps 5
T Multiple Websites and Google+ Google My Business & Google Maps 12
J Google+ business page targeting multiple cities/landing pages novice question Google Local 101 3
G Multiple Websites / Businesses Can't be Listed on Google+ Local - SMB Problem Google My Business & Google Maps 1
G Using multiple gmail account to log in Google Plus Local Help & Support for Google Local 2
BekahBerry Managing one client with multiple listings and need to be alerted to reviews All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 1
BekahBerry Multiple service providers with separate books of business, sharing one office, under one company name - What is the best approach to avoid filtering? Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 8
M Some questions with GMB and multiple locations Multi-Location Issues 1
B Multiple practictioners in one area- my client is getting bumped out Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 4
L Multiple Listing Against Guidelines? Multi-Location Issues 4
B Will Removing Addresses for Multiple State SAB Result in Dup Listing or Suspension? Service Area Businesses 4
MatGee Multiple Practitioners at Medical Office, Is It Possible To Share Reviews? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
A Multiple service based locations in different provinces with one physical address Multi-Location Issues 1
H Practitioner Listings at Multiple Business Locations Multi-Location Issues 1
N My Business in Multiple Locations leaving me with 3 unanswered questions Multi-Location Issues 2
B GMB Multiple Questions Google My Business & Google Maps 2
C How to respond to multiple fake or duplicate GMB accounts? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
H Multiple negative reviews and threats from one client Local Reviews 3
ForwardMotion Multiple Practitioners at One Office Location Questions Google My Business & Google Maps 2
ladykal Is this bad practice? Multiple location landing pages but 1 office location Organic SEO 5
N Local services Ad Approach for Businesses with Multiple locations on one GMB Account Paid Search and Local Service Ads 4
Travis Van Slooten Hard Suspension of GMB Listing: Multiple Businesses at Same Address? Google My Business & Google Maps 9
Michael S. Doran Multiple Locations Best Practices Local Search 3
Nicole Basham Success Having Multiple GMB Offers Up Simultaneously? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Adam Humphreys GMB Multiple Business at Location Blocks Edits Moving or Name Changes 3
JillH Multiple Location Issue Local Search 3
divotagency Service Area Business - Multiple locations Google My Business & Google Maps 4
C Client with multiple address across citations and web properties All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 3
Jens Multiple local pages for the same location? Local Content 1