LouA

Reaction score
Hello! I work with a Yoga Studio which has a permanent address and a strong, established GMB listing. However they do not perform so well in three other locations (hired church halls etc.) where they deliver yoga classes every week on the same day/time. They do have location pages on their website for each of these other locations which are 5-7 miles away. They want to add new GMB listings for these other locations and already have permission from the locations to do so.

Is this against guidelines?
If they actually had their own premises rather than a hired hall, would that warrant a second listing?
Their competitor is doing this and I feel I should advise against it but want to be certain I'm not being too cautious.

hajnasiewicz

GMB Product Expert
LocalU Member
Reaction score
Only the actual business owner can claim a business location. The Yoga Studio can then work with the business owner to promote the Yoga sessions. So its not that a business owner cannot have multiple locations, its just that a business cannot claim someone elses business location.

LouA

Reaction score
Only the actual business owner can claim a business location. The Yoga Studio can then work with the business owner to promote the Yoga sessions. So its not that a business owner cannot have multiple locations, its just that a business cannot claim someone elses business location.
Thanks v much. The Yoga Studio was planning to create a second & third location themselves. The premises owners (church/community hall) said they are happy to email the verification code to the business. They would claim the listing to be operating within the existing venue which is already listed in GMB. Is that ok?

hajnasiewicz

GMB Product Expert
LocalU Member
Reaction score
Thanks v much. The Yoga Studio was planning to create a second & third location themselves. The premises owners (church/community hall) said they are happy to email the verification code to the business. They would claim the listing to be operating within the existing venue which is already listed in GMB. Is that ok?
Here is a link to the GMB Guidelines which could be interpreted in support of your initiative: Guidelines for representing your business on Google - Google My Business Help

LouA

Reaction score
Thank you. I was referring to multiple listings for one business. I thought you couldn't have this unless the buildings were 2 hours drive from each other but maybe that's just the US. Thanks for your help.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
BekahBerry Managing one client with multiple listings and need to be alerted to reviews All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 2
B Will Removing Addresses for Multiple State SAB Result in Dup Listing or Suspension? Service Area Businesses 4
H Practitioner Listings at Multiple Business Locations Multi-Location Issues 1
Travis Van Slooten Hard Suspension of GMB Listing: Multiple Businesses at Same Address? Google My Business & Google Maps 9
CarrieHill Businesses with multiple departments surfacing "child" departments instead of main listings Google My Business & Google Maps 5
J GMB listings for medical practice with multiple doctors Google My Business & Google Maps 10
Tiggerito Unfortunate event has triggered review and image attacks across multiple listings Help & Support for Google Local 6
Tim Kahlert Citations for multiple GMB listings Citations 4
Oliver Keates GMB Listings for multiple locations Multi-Location Issues 1
Oliver Keates Managing Multiple GMB listings Google My Business & Google Maps 3
billbean Multiple Localeze Listings Local Search 1
L New prospect with multiple location duplicate fake GMB listings Google Duplicates & Merges 1
latin_sydney New prospect with multiple location duplicate fake GMB listings Google Duplicates & Merges 1
David Hunter Multiple listing using virtual locations and or offices are no longer there! Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Local Search News Curator Brand New GMB Feature: Add Multiple Owners to GMB Listings Google My Business & Google Maps 7
C Let's talk listing strategy - multiple brands at a single location Local Search 7
Tim Colling Multiple Locations, all listed on home page Local Search 3
mattfraser Do Multiple Google My Business Listings hurt your Local SEO Help & Support for Google Local 3
T Multiple Google Places Listing Help Help & Support for Google Local 1
John Tabita Can I Use the Same Gmail Account to Claim Multiple Listings? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
P Claiming multiple unrelated listings with a single Google account - Downsides? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
T Business w/Multiple Locations: Should G+ Listings Link To Home Page or Loc. Pages? Multi-Location Issues 13
Travis Van Slooten Business w/Multiple Locations: Should G+ Listings Link To Home Page or Loc. Pages? Multi-Location Issues 13
F Can I move into multiple towns through building a stronger listing? Local Search 38
G Multiple Listings - Same Address Google My Business & Google Maps 6
grantbrott Multiple Pages and Associated Places Listings Help & Support for Google Local 4
M Easiest way to find out if multiple listings Google Duplicates & Merges 3
M Easiest way to find out if multiple listings Google Duplicates & Merges 3
bluehabit Google + Multiple Listings Question: Acceptable or Penalization in the Making? Google My Business & Google Maps 14
G Multiple Websites / Businesses Can't be Listed on Google+ Local - SMB Problem Google My Business & Google Maps 1
grantbrott Multiple Locations Listed On Same Page Local Search 3
grantbrott Dashboard Listings For Multiple Customers Google My Business & Google Maps 4
G How would you get a client G+Local listing to rank for multiple keywords? Google My Business & Google Maps 8
D Multiple sites - 1 listing... Help & Support for Google Local 7
BekahBerry Multiple service providers with separate books of business, sharing one office, under one company name - What is the best approach to avoid filtering? Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 8
M Some questions with GMB and multiple locations Multi-Location Issues 1
B Multiple practictioners in one area- my client is getting bumped out Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 4
MatGee Multiple Practitioners at Medical Office, Is It Possible To Share Reviews? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
A Multiple service based locations in different provinces with one physical address Multi-Location Issues 1
N My Business in Multiple Locations leaving me with 3 unanswered questions Multi-Location Issues 2
B GMB Multiple Questions Google My Business & Google Maps 2
C How to respond to multiple fake or duplicate GMB accounts? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
H Multiple negative reviews and threats from one client Local Reviews 3
ForwardMotion Multiple Practitioners at One Office Location Questions Google My Business & Google Maps 2
ladykal Is this bad practice? Multiple location landing pages but 1 office location Organic SEO 5
N Local services Ad Approach for Businesses with Multiple locations on one GMB Account Paid Search and Local Service Ads 4
Michael S. Doran Multiple Locations Best Practices Local Search 3
Nicole Basham Success Having Multiple GMB Offers Up Simultaneously? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Adam Humphreys GMB Multiple Business at Location Blocks Edits Moving or Name Changes 3
JillH Multiple Location Issue Local Search 3