More threads by LouA

LouA

Reaction score
Hello! I work with a Yoga Studio which has a permanent address and a strong, established GMB listing. However they do not perform so well in three other locations (hired church halls etc.) where they deliver yoga classes every week on the same day/time. They do have location pages on their website for each of these other locations which are 5-7 miles away. They want to add new GMB listings for these other locations and already have permission from the locations to do so.

Is this against guidelines?
If they actually had their own premises rather than a hired hall, would that warrant a second listing?
Their competitor is doing this and I feel I should advise against it but want to be certain I'm not being too cautious.

Only the actual business owner can claim a business location. The Yoga Studio can then work with the business owner to promote the Yoga sessions. So its not that a business owner cannot have multiple locations, its just that a business cannot claim someone elses business location.

Only the actual business owner can claim a business location. The Yoga Studio can then work with the business owner to promote the Yoga sessions. So its not that a business owner cannot have multiple locations, its just that a business cannot claim someone elses business location.
Thanks v much. The Yoga Studio was planning to create a second & third location themselves. The premises owners (church/community hall) said they are happy to email the verification code to the business. They would claim the listing to be operating within the existing venue which is already listed in GMB. Is that ok?

Thanks v much. The Yoga Studio was planning to create a second & third location themselves. The premises owners (church/community hall) said they are happy to email the verification code to the business. They would claim the listing to be operating within the existing venue which is already listed in GMB. Is that ok?
Here is a link to the GMB Guidelines which could be interpreted in support of your initiative: Guidelines for representing your business on Google - Google My Business Help

Thank you. I was referring to multiple listings for one business. I thought you couldn't have this unless the buildings were 2 hours drive from each other but maybe that's just the US. Thanks for your help.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom