More threads by Jerem

Jerem

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm coming to you with couple questions regarding to a local seo campaign I'm running for a new client.

The company as 3 different locations (Location A, B and C) and a e-commerce store. The homepage doesn't have any local relevance. It is ranking more on brand name and national keywords. The website has 3 différent langages (FR, NL and EN). FR is the main langage.

In this campaign, it is planned that I work on one single location (Location A) and language (FR ). Therefore, I plan to create one local page that I will associate with its existing GMB listing.

1) Would you though create a local page for location B and C for providing more clarity to Google ?

2) Regarding to the URL structure of the location pages, are you fine using this kind of structure: domain.com/Store-Keyword/city-A ?

3) Would you structurate the Parent Page of the location page in a particular way ?

4) Regarding to the citation building, instead of linking on homepage, should we link directly on location page ?

5) Can I expect meeting duplicate issues while creating social profiles or citations since the brand name is the same ? If it's the case, should we create citation using Brand Name + City ?

Many thanks by advance for your help

Best regards,

Jérémie

Last edited:
Hello, Jérémie!
I'm also interested in your question because I have very similar situation. I will try to share my own experience and hope to wait local search experts from the forum to share their own knowledge.

I have a client with a car rental businness, but he has several locations not within a city, but within Ukraine.

Historically, home page was optimized for keywords and location only for the Kyiv (the capital city) from where the business had started.

But in couple of years new locations in another big cities appeared. For that new pages were created (each page for each city with corresponding keywords in title, description, h1). Additionally, we have GMB listings for each city.

And they are performing well in search. When user searches for "car rental in Kyiv" home page appears in Google, and when term is "car rental in Lviv" we have the page for Lviv based location.

I am definitely sure, that when we create some location-based pages on our website that will be ok if the information on that pages will be location-specific. For example, in our case, we have different prices for car rental in cities, photos with location-specific alt text, different addresses of car issue-points with an embedded map. Additionally, to make the page even more location-specific we created the widget that shows prices on gas stations within a particular city as well as drivers tips section for that city (traffic features, pavement on the rods etc.). You can visualize the example of such a page here - Car rental in Lviv (Ukraine) with or without a driver | 7Cars.com.ua.

While making linkbuilding we also follow location-specific pattern. For example, we place links in aggregators of local companies of Lviv pointing to the page of car rental in Lviv.

But now I'm looking for new opportunities for car rental pages of certain cities. My next thoughts are:
1) putting city-based phone number to the meta-description (now meta-description contains location-specific keywords, but phone number belongs to chief office)
2) embedding reviews from Google My Bussiness from a particular city-based listing to the corresponding city-based page as the testimonials section.

Sorry, I described here my own story trying to provide you with some experience. If to be short answering your questions:

1. Would you though create a local page for location B and C for providing more clarity to Google - yes, if you 1) have some differences in the way you're providing your service/products to the people in different locations and it can be described clearly on the location-based pages; 2) you have clear user intent and search demand of finding your service/products in a particular location.

2. Regarding to the URL structure of the location pages, are you fine using this kind of structure: domain.com/Store-Keyword/city-A ? Not sure about /Store-Keyword/ but domain.com/city-A/ would be ok if it fits conditions of the previous item in the list.

3. Would you structurate the Parent Page of the location page in a particular way? Sorry, I didn't get it. Can you please make the question clearer?

4. Regarding to the citation building, instead of linking on homepage, should we link directly on location page ? I think, that you should link location page.

5. Can I expect meeting duplicate issues while creating social profiles or citations since the brand name is the same ? If it's the case, should we create citation using Brand Name + City ? - We do so with GMB and local reviews/companies aggregators and no problems.

@Artem Okhrei thank you for a detailed post. I looked at your Lviv page and see that you mention keyword Lviv Car Rental in Title and Description but the url uses the word 'prokat-lvov' instead of english version of 'car-rental-lvov' - how come you chose not to include the english version in the url?

@Artem Okhrei thank you for a detailed post. I looked at your Lviv page and see that you mention keyword Lviv Car Rental in Title and Description but the url uses the word 'prokat-lvov' instead of english version of 'car-rental-lvov' - how come you chose not to include the english version in the url?
Unfortunately, we were second company to work with the SEO of that site. So, that happened before us historically and of course it is better to use 'car-rental-lviv' in url. But we decided not to disturb Google and the website with additional 301 redirect only because of the url...

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom