Reaction score
So I just took over a client that came from a previous vendor. The client has 2 locations. They setup 2 locations in Google Places and also created pages and tied them together. One of the locations with both a page and places is not ranking but has almost 200 followers and almost a years worth of posts associated with it but the places listing associated is a pretty bare unfinished listing. We then have the current ranking places page that has a different business page associated with it with only 1 follower. I was thinking I could report the one page a duplicate that is unclaimed and only a bare basic listing but I am not sure what will happen with the associated business page that has all the followers and posts associated with it? I know I can delete the other page that is for the same location since it only has 1 follower. Would I then have a google places listing with no associated page and an un-linked business page. Which would be ideal since this client has multiple locations and none of the pages should of been associated to start with. Any input is welcome I just dont want to delete a page or report a listing if it is going to cause the loss of an associated page or something weird.

Margaret Ornsby

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Completely confused reading through that :(

Do I have this right?
  • 2 business locations (Locn A, Locn B)
  • Each location has a GPlaces page AND G+ page
  • Locn A G+ does not show in the pack and has 200 followers & yr of posts but virtually no info on the page.
  • Locn A GPlaces page does show in the pack and takes you to a different G+ page, fully completed but not followers/posts.

So are you saying Locn A has 2 G+ pages and one GPlaces page? And that the GPlaces page ties to a G+ page you *don't* want to keep?

Which one is "unclaimed"?

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Completely confused reading through that :(

Do I have this right?
  • 2 business locations (Locn A, Locn B)
  • Each location has a GPlaces page AND G+ page
  • Locn A G+ does not show in the pack and has 200 followers & yr of posts but virtually no info on the page.
  • Locn A GPlaces page does show in the pack and takes you to a different G+ page, fully completed but not followers/posts.

So are you saying Locn A has 2 G+ pages and one GPlaces page? And that the GPlaces page ties to a G+ page you *don't* want to keep?

Which one is "unclaimed"?

Thanks for trying wonderwoman. I read it earlier and was totally confused too, so I just could not even take time to venture a guess.

Grant, I moved this to the help section. G Local is EXTREMELY complicated there's too many variables and we would be working in the dark without seeing all the listings.

When we don't have all the info, volunteers who are donating their expertise, often end up wasting their time going around in circles, like wonderwoman just did, trying to understand the issue just based on a description.

Please read the rules for this section and see the info that's needed in order for us to help you further.

Thanks, Linda

Reaction score
Ok I think I have this nailed down to a simpler question. If I went and marked a location as a duplicate and it has a business page associated with it will that page become unassociated if they merge the duplicate with the original?

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
ladykal Is this bad practice? Multiple location landing pages but 1 office location Organic SEO 5
Jens Multiple local pages for the same location? Local Content 1
M Are these doorway pages? multiple city and state pages? Local Search 11
Michael Charvet Multiple Locations: Use Location Page or Home Page? Help & Support for Google Local 4
C Question/Problem - Trying to rank one landing page in multiple cities Local Search 10
RuggedSEO 1 website & 1 GMB page - found in multiple cities for local search results Google My Business & Google Maps 9
Tim Colling Multiple Locations, all listed on home page Local Search 3
E Target multiple keywords with one page or multiple pages for each keyword? Local Search 3
Lloyd Silver Is it okay to manage multiple pages within one account? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Mike Wilton Managing Multiple Locations in the Same City from a Keyword/On Page SEO Perspective Local Search 1
T Business w/Multiple Locations: Should G+ Listings Link To Home Page or Loc. Pages? Multi-Location Issues 13
Travis Van Slooten Business w/Multiple Locations: Should G+ Listings Link To Home Page or Loc. Pages? Multi-Location Issues 13
carltonrsmith Best way to set up multiple business pages for client? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
grasshoppersean Possible multiple problems and a major violation on your Place page Help & Support for Google Local 7
frank3rd Questions about multiple G+ local pages versus G+ branding. Are we doing this right? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
S Joining multiple Google+ Pages under 2 accounts Help & Support for Google Local 5
iwebresults Worried: Multiple Accounts - New google login page Google Local 101 5
Linda Buquet Multiple Managers & Transfer Ownership Added to Local Google+ Business Pages Google My Business & Google Maps 11
drian Multiple Google+ Business Pages? Local & National? Google My Business & Google Maps 7
B Google + Local Page Not Showing Up For Multiple Keywords? Help & Support for Google Local 7
C Multiple Google+ Business pages under one profile Google My Business & Google Maps 5
J Google+ business page targeting multiple cities/landing pages novice question Google Local 101 3
Dave Cosper Issues w/ G+ Pages verified by multiple accounts Google My Business & Google Maps 3
grantbrott Multiple Locations Listed On Same Page Local Search 3
BekahBerry Multiple service providers with separate books of business, sharing one office, under one company name - What is the best approach to avoid filtering? Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 6
M Some questions with GMB and multiple locations Multi-Location Issues 1
B Multiple practictioners in one area- my client is getting bumped out Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 4
L Multiple Listing Against Guidelines? Multi-Location Issues 4
B Will Removing Addresses for Multiple State SAB Result in Dup Listing or Suspension? Service Area Businesses 4
MatGee Multiple Practitioners at Medical Office, Is It Possible To Share Reviews? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
A Multiple service based locations in different provinces with one physical address Multi-Location Issues 1
H Practitioner Listings at Multiple Business Locations Multi-Location Issues 1
N My Business in Multiple Locations leaving me with 3 unanswered questions Multi-Location Issues 2
B GMB Multiple Questions Google My Business & Google Maps 2
C How to respond to multiple fake or duplicate GMB accounts? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
H Multiple negative reviews and threats from one client Local Reviews 3
ForwardMotion Multiple Practitioners at One Office Location Questions Google My Business & Google Maps 2
N Local services Ad Approach for Businesses with Multiple locations on one GMB Account Paid Search and Local Service Ads 4
Travis Van Slooten Hard Suspension of GMB Listing: Multiple Businesses at Same Address? Google My Business & Google Maps 9
Michael S. Doran Multiple Locations Best Practices Local Search 3
Nicole Basham Success Having Multiple GMB Offers Up Simultaneously? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Adam Humphreys GMB Multiple Business at Location Blocks Edits Moving or Name Changes 3
JillH Multiple Location Issue Local Search 3
divotagency Service Area Business - Multiple locations Google My Business & Google Maps 4
C Client with multiple address across citations and web properties All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 3
M Multiple or one GMB Multi-Location Issues 3
jpayne7 Business Planning on Moving Multiple Times in Short Timeframe Moving or Name Changes 2
Rich Owings Large construction company with multiple divisions All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 7
EmilyW Multiple locations, one business = spam? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
hajnasiewicz Issues with multiple domain redirects to one domain? Websites, Software, and Security 4