lockylock

Reaction score
Hi,

I own this site [url]http://www.londonlocksmithsuk.com/[/URL]
About a year ago it suffer a major fall (from page 1 for "London Locksmith" to ~ page 50). After a major DMCA work and new content + design work I'm trying to get it back on top.
The site has a lot of spamy links and I sent a disavow request about a month a go and sent a reconsideration request. For now number of links in Webmaster Tools is the same (disavow didn't work?) and I got a reply for the reconsideration request - no manual punishment on the site.
Now I can see some of the site pages in SERPS, but no homepage (checked the first 20 pages). Can you advice me why my homepage is not relevant to Google?
Help!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Laustin1878

Reaction score
Start by replacing as many of your spammy links as possible with quality links. Penguin updates targeted sites with crap links. Your homepage is in Google's index it's just a matter of optimizing the site.

No disrespect, but IMO, it looks as if you are forcing your keywords in your home title as well as your page content. Think of your site visitors first, then Google. Besides, it's the people who are going to buy your service, not Google. If they can't read it or be bothered trying to read through your optimization efforts, you are missing out.

Get more flow and more natural content. Consider using more pictures on your homepage and create a stronger conversion funnel. Consider adding some testimonials. You have plenty of calls to action which is good. Lastly, people do not want to hear about you as a company and a rah rah rah sales pitch. They want answers to their questions. Develop your content in that fashion. Speak to them, engage them.

Mostly general recommendations without diving into your site. Do your internal pages show up for various queries?

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
jross Homepage Focus Keyword? Local Search 3
Ben Walsh 2 location business onpage strategy, homepage vs service pages vs location pages Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 5
D Use a location page or use homepage? Local Search 2
M GMB link to homepage instead of building location pages to link to? Multi-Location Issues 8
Ted J. Best SEO Practices for Homepage, About, and Contact pages Local Search 10
Grabgooglesgoogles Sudden loss of ranking and deindexing of homepage Help & Support for Google Local 3
P How often do you think it is necessary to update homepage text? Google Local 101 3
JoshuaMackens Cases of Homepage Missing From Google? Organic SEO 0
B Target dominant location using the homepage Local Search 4
JoyHawkins Discussion: How Do You Choose Which Keywords to Target on the Homepage? Local Search 17
L Homepage ranking for one location - how to expand to another city? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Linda Buquet 12 Things To Check In Your Local Homepage SEO Audit + 2 Warnings Local Search 4
M Remove all sitewide links or keep the PR5 homepage link? Help & Support for Google Local 9
T Client Wants a Landing Page for his homepage Multi-Location Issues 2
Tyson Downs Client Wants a Landing Page for his homepage Multi-Location Issues 2
B Discrepancy in Google SERP Info Local Reviews 2
LaurenHoward Mobile SERPs showing wrong phone number on GMB NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 4
J Online Care SERP Feature - How to Be Included Google Local 101 5
starter_70 Are GMB posts not showing on SERP or Maps page? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Justin Mosebach How to check SERPs for presence of a map pack in bulk? Organic SEO 4
C Major SERP shakeup Google Algorithm Discussions 3
H Should I create a GMB if there is no 3-pack in the SERP? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
john wieber Mobile Local SERPS Location Data in Result Local Search 5
L SERPs showing Knowledge Panel instead of Local box Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Conor Treacy Possible change to SERPs Display - Briefly Google News: Important Changes & Features 1
G Reviews Markup showing in Serps for Every landing and store page for eccomerce site - Is this is a hack ? Local Reviews 0
Rich Owings Is this a way to get review star icons for your own site in SERPs? Local Reviews 5
Ellen See More Hours - Clicking on this doesn't open panel in SERP Google My Business & Google Maps 1
IanJohnson Multi-Location Businesses not showing Local results in SERPs Google My Business & Google Maps 1
B SERP Question Local Search 2
StephanieNewton Change to featured snippets in SERPs Google News: Important Changes & Features 6
valgetova Knowledge Panel Mess on SERP Ranking Puzzles 4
M GMB map pack: What triggers images coming up in map pack on SERP? Google My Business & Google Maps 10
PaulSteinbrueck What is this at the top of the SERPs and how do you get in? Local Search 8
nathangdavidson Local Teaser SERP feature more common for mobile searches? Local Search 2
M Keyword in SERP-title as indicator for competition Organic SEO 2
raellovepie Possible "no review" glitch in the SERP 3-pack Google My Business & Google Maps 2
G Reviews markup showing in serps for LocalBusiness schema markup? What's going on Local Reviews 7
M SERP showing "this site may be hacked"? Local Search 2
M Spam at top of SERPs Spam on Google 8
Ian Hammond Any fast methods for removing a page from SERPs? Local Content 6
hajnasiewicz SERP Influencers Help & Support for Google Local 1
M Length of title tag shown in SERPS is NOT 600px Organic SEO 2
MannyL Icon in the SERPs results? Google My Business & Google Maps 12
C Google is testing links upon title in SERP Organic SEO 6
JoyHawkins New Free Tool to Track Fluctuation in Local SERPs Local SEO Tools & Software 0
BrianMacKenzie Variations in Number of SERPs Above the Map Pack Local Search 0
nathangdavidson SERP checker using geo-cordinates Local Search 5
Kevin Marshall How Hard Is It to Outrank Yelp and Other Directory Websites in the SERPs? Local Search 5
Tamara13 GMB rating stars in SERP Local Search 8