John C

Reaction score
My places listing has not been showing at all for the past two weeks. Everything in my dashboard is normal (no red stripe of death), but when I called in to adwords support (I do adwords express too) I had them look at my places account (which shows reviews on my adwords ads and is awsome when it works) and they said it was suspended.

Nothing to indicate suspension in my dashboard. My account was suspended a few months ago and has been back up and fine for over a month until two weeks ago.

I've followed the quality guidelines to a T, im hiding my address in my places account since I have a service area business. A link to my places page from my website just shows a 404 now. (so i removed the link)

This happened at the same time that my organic rankings improved pretty significantly after some onsite SEO i did started to take effect. I thought my places ranking would improve with my organic, but surprise! it just vanished. Coincidence?

Last edited by a moderator:

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Hi John,

I'm sorry, it sounds like your listing was deleted. If it's the site and phone in your sig, I'm not finding the listing.

Not hiding address is one of the main reasons listings get removed, but if yours was hidden there could have been another problem. Of course you know the problems with locksmiths and Google.

But if you care to share a screen shot of your edit screen we can look to see if there are any other obvious violations before you submit for reconsideration.

John C

Reaction score
Here are some screen shots of my edit page

Screen shot 2013-04-29 at 1.35.28 PM.jpg

Screen shot 2013-04-29 at 1.35.44 PM.jpg

Screen shot 2013-04-29 at 1.35.55 PM.jpg

Screen shot 2013-04-29 at 1.36.03 PM.jpg

---------- Post Merged at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:07 PM ----------

oh, forgot the first one here:

Screen shot 2013-04-29 at 2.08.21 PM.jpg

Screen shot 2013-04-29 at 1.35.28 PM.jpg

Screen shot 2013-04-29 at 1.35.44 PM.jpg

Screen shot 2013-04-29 at 1.35.55 PM.jpg

Screen shot 2013-04-29 at 1.36.03 PM.jpg

Screen shot 2013-04-29 at 2.08.21 PM.jpg

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Hi John, I don't see any obvious problems. Did you have other place pages set up or anything iffy about the hidden address location?

If not, then I guess all you can do is follow Jade's instructions and hope they will re-instate the listing.

Phil Rozek

Local Search Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
@John

What is the DBA listed on the major third-party sites? (Particularly ExpressUpdateUSA.com, CitySearch, Yelp, and YP.) That is, do those sites list you as "Auto Lock & Key"?

If there is a mismatch between the name listed on Google and the name listed on the major third-party sites, and if the name listed in Google is "keywordy," you can get pulled.

John C

Reaction score
DBA is listed correctly everywhere I can find.

One other thing I forgot to mention that now seems really relevant.... I noticed that my address was showing in the places listing for the last few weeks prior to it dissapearing even though I had it set to hidden.

I have ALWAYS had the address in places dashboard set as hidden.

But the address is listed along with NAP pretty much everywhere else, (including my website).

My address was being shown anyway in the places listing.

I'd never really wanted to show my address anywhere, but it seemed like I was at a disadvantage in not doing so. (since I couldn't get citations on express update, etc) and I'd never read anything that said it would penalize me to do so as long as it was officially hidden in places dashboard.

Seems like it was about the same time that my listing on EU went up that the address started showing in Google.....

Should I try to just remove my address from EVERYTHING? I don't really like having it listed anywhere anyway, and it's not doing any good now.

But even if I should do that it seems like there is a bug here with google showing an address it wasn't supposed to.

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
John there was and I think still is a bug where addresses were showing live even though hidden in the dashboard. So that could have been the issue.

Although I brought the concern up to Google that compliant listings could be deleted by mistake and got confirmation from Google that listings would not be deleted for showing address due to that bug. So either something else was wrong with your listing OR it's just your industry which you know is under intense scrutiny and listings get deleted all the time. Sorry wish I could help.

I would NOT delete address from other listings. Even though your listing was hidden live, Google still needs to match citations to the address in your dash to confirm the business is real and legit.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
NickB-Tampa How can I unsync Google My Business from my Bing Places listings? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
brownaddesign Help with Bing Places - Accidently imported all our GMB listings Local Search 3
LauraUK Placing a bulk "lock on" directory listings Citations 7
Justin Mosebach Google Maps Lists (Saved Places) Google My Business & Google Maps 0
marcusdb GMB duplicate marked as "Place Doesn't Exist" - can you recover the deleted listing? Google Duplicates & Merges 2
Tim Colling GMB Places listings for *Recruiting* offices, not customer-facing offices? Local Search 11
T Multiple Google Places Listing Help Help & Support for Google Local 1
C Best Ways to Find Duplicate Google Places/Plus Listings (Post Pigeon) Google Duplicates & Merges 10
Colan Nielsen Best Ways to Find Duplicate Google Places/Plus Listings (Post Pigeon) Google Duplicates & Merges 10
amy.inbound 2 Listings showing in Places Dashboard, Can't edit one - "Marked as Duplicate" Help & Support for Google Local 9
M Made Google+, then Google Places, now I have 2 listings? Help & Support for Google Local 10
G Places Listings Disappears, Reappears - HOW MANY Problems Do you Count? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
B How to Claim a Google+ Places Listing for the New Business Owner? Help & Support for Google Local 7
Dustybones Old Dashboard and New Dashbaord for places showing different listings Google My Business & Google Maps 9
Travis Van Slooten How Do We Create NEW Google Places Listings in 2014? Google My Business & Google Maps 14
Chris Ratchford Warning Email re Google Places Duplicate Listings Google My Business & Google Maps 53
Linda Buquet How to Create Fake Google Places Listings - Getting Google's Attention to Stop Spam Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Margaret Ornsby Is this new? Google May Delete Your Places Listing? Google My Business & Google Maps 39
C Linking to the actual Google Places listing? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Susan Walsh New Business - Start off with Places For Business Listings or Google+ Local Page? Google My Business & Google Maps 14
Larry Do I need a Google Places Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 3
F Can't get my competitors illegitimate Google Places listing removed!! pls help!! Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Matthew Newman Google moving listings out of the Places for Business Dashboard? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
shondarogers How do you know if your places listing is disconnected from your site? Local Search 3
Tom Bristol New Practice - Google+ Business Listing or Google Places Google My Business & Google Maps 2
R Not Yet Published Google Places Listings Help & Support for Google Local 1
shondarogers Go with Dentist Places Listing or Try to Promote Office Listing? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Optimize Prime Google allowing Management of Places Listings. Can anyone else confirm? Google My Business & Google Maps 12
Local Search News Curator How to Delete Your Google Places for Business Dashboard Listing in One Easy Step (Or Google My Business & Google Maps 4
L Adding New Listings in the New Google Places Dashboard - Minor Update NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 6
Linda Buquet Adding New Listings in the New Google Places Dashboard - Minor Update NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 6
Chris Ratchford "For $5000 we can post reviews to your Google Places listing!" Snake Oil Salesmen Google My Business & Google Maps 12
grantbrott Multiple Pages and Associated Places Listings Help & Support for Google Local 4
Local Search News Curator Google Now Auto-Merging Google+ Pages Into Google Places Dashboard Listings Google My Business & Google Maps 0
DanLeibson How to remove listings from the new Google Places dashboard Google My Business & Google Maps 8
johncrenshaw Deleting Unverified Listings in the new Google+Local / Places Dashboard Google My Business & Google Maps 6
D Website dropped out of top 10 places listings in search results. Help & Support for Google Local 2
C Uploading Images on Google Places listing Help & Support for Google Local 2
S Uploading images on Google Places listing Help & Support for Google Local 7
O Remove an unwanted listing from the new Places Dashboard! NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 15
Optimize Prime Remove an unwanted listing from the new Places Dashboard! NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 15
Linda Buquet Major Update - New Google Places Dashboard - All-in-one Local Listing Management Google My Business & Google Maps 101
R G+ Biz page as Verified Local Business, Delete Suspended Places Listings? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Jim Froling Yodel Claims Client's Places Listing but Dashboard Not Reflecting Changes Help & Support for Google Local 17
Colan Nielsen Accidentally Triggered a Google Places Verification After Listing Has Been Merged Google My Business & Google Maps 4
R Confusion with Verifying G+ vs Claiming Places Listing Help & Support for Google Local 14
Andrew Forster Updated Google+ Dashboard - Claiming Places Listings Google My Business & Google Maps 12
Linda Buquet Removing Places listing Recycle Bin 0
J Re-listing in Google Places with a new account: Questions Help & Support for Google Local 2
Travis Van Slooten "Fake" Addresses for Google Places Listings - What's The Worse That Could Happen? Local Search 13