More threads by dnp

dnp

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Are there any specific or preferred GBP naming guidelines for doctors, e.g. "Jane Doe, MD" is preferred over "Dr. Jane Doe"? Thank you!

Solution
Hello everyone,

Are there any specific or preferred GBP naming guidelines for doctors, e.g. "Jane Doe, MD" is preferred over "Dr. Jane Doe"? Thank you!

Hey - I've spoken to our Senior Listings Account Manager who has shared that 'Name, then credentials (Jane Doe, MD)' is the standard. He doesn't usually see Dr. Jane Doe, but as there's no hard rule as such, if you wanted to put 'Dr' at the start of the business name, Google would accept this.
Hello everyone,

I've never really considered this before, great question! I did a quick Google search and there doesn't seem to be any standards on the Maps listing, there is a mixture of:
  • Last Name First Name (Degree)
  • First Name Last Name (Degree)
  • Dr. First Name Last Name
  • Dr. First Name Last Name (Degree)
My gut feeling is that there is probably not a hard and fast rule, but you never know. Tagging the citation experts Darren @whitespark and @Jenny_BrightLocal who hopefully will share their wisdom :).

Reactions: dnp
Hello everyone,

Hey - I've spoken to our Senior Listings Account Manager who has shared that 'Name, then credentials (Jane Doe, MD)' is the standard. He doesn't usually see Dr. Jane Doe, but as there's no hard rule as such, if you wanted to put 'Dr' at the start of the business name, Google would accept this.

Solution
Howdy. I work for one of the largest health systems in the U.S. and we do as Jenny described above. Since we have more than doctors (nurse practitioners, etc.) where one wouldn't use the appellation first, It's helps consistency.

We always do:
First Name, Last Name, Degree

It doesn't make sense to do:
Dr. First Name, Last Name, Degree as it is redundant.

If it is a GBP listing for example we will typically do:

Practice Name: First Name, Last Name, Degree

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom