klharris08

Solutions
Reaction score
Has anybody seen this "near" feature in 3-packs before?

2020-06-19_16-45-24.png

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Hey Kyle,

Can you confirm if you've visited that place you're seeing? This looks similar to the in-between label that Colan wrote about earlier this year which only surfaces if you've visited nearby places.

I'm seeing this for a restaurant I've visited several times. It's kind of funny because that restaurant populates first but then the 2 below it say they're near that one.

1592826318418.png

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Also, I'm only able to trigger this on desktop.

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
I'm seeing them as well. A couple observations. The other businesses that it lists on the 3-pack for me are all businesses that I have physically been to in the past.

1592829470743.png

If you click through to the local finder it changes the wording slightly.

1592829523106.png

The other thing is that I only see these association when I am logged into my Google account that is the one I use for Google Maps. So it is basing the label on places that it thinks I am familiar with, based on visiting them while logged into that account.

Seems like the same thing I wrote about in the LocalU article Joy linked to.

wesduplantier

Reaction score
I got this to work last night in the Google Maps mobile app. However, I got something slightly different, I got snippets that made "similar to" judgments about Mexican restaurants near me based on other Mexican restaurants I have visited.

similar.png

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Google Product Exert

Top Bottom