More threads by morganbloom

morganbloom

Reaction score
Hi All!

I just verified a new location for our client today. The client has no address yet and everything was fine until I put in some information - categories, services, phone number etc. and then it was suspended the same day.

The only thing I can think of so far is that the callrail number we have in there has a FL area code and the client's real phone number we have in there has a NY area code?

I have no idea what the cause in but in your experience, what would you look at?

Thanks so much!

Morgan

I've seen a number of suspensions happen within 12 hours of creating a new GMB if we haven't filled out everything during the initial setup (photos, info, descriptions, phone, address, etc).

Sometimes we only fill out the base info while waiting on photos, but we've found any time we do that, it gets suspended that night. If we fill out everything during the initial setup, we haven't had any issues. This goes for both service area businesses and brick and mortar type businesses. The only thing we've seen be the common denominator is that we didn't fill out everything at the time of setup.

If it gets suspended, request the unsuspend and just state that you were still configuring things. It's unlocked every time for us when that's happened.

I've seen a number of suspensions happen within 12 hours of creating a new GMB if we haven't filled out everything during the initial setup (photos, info, descriptions, phone, address, etc).

Sometimes we only fill out the base info while waiting on photos, but we've found any time we do that, it gets suspended that night. If we fill out everything during the initial setup, we haven't had any issues. This goes for both service area businesses and brick and mortar type businesses. The only thing we've seen be the common denominator is that we didn't fill out everything at the time of setup.

If it gets suspended, request the unsuspend and just state that you were still configuring things. It's unlocked every time for us when that's happened.

Thank you so much for your response! I appreciate it

@morganbloom btw, is there a reason for using a FL call tracking number if the business is in NY? I don't know if Google will think that's suspicious, but potential customers definitely will.

You are supposed to set up the profile the way it is supposed to be prior to verifying it. If you make edits to the phone number and categories after getting verified, this is considered spam and abuse. If it was a new business profile, then just create a new one as the profile might not be able to be reinstated now.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom