More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Hey guys there was another Google+ Business update yesterday, that I thought may be helpful for local. Not sure how it will impact ranking, but could not hurt to try it. :)

Many of you are already geotagging anyway and this could make it easier.

See screenshot of settings below.

Making it easier to geotag your photos Today we’re excited…

Today we’re excited to launch a handy new feature for geotagging your photos.

From your desktop:

- Click on any of your photos to view it in the lightbox, and expand “Photo details” to see its geographic location (if any).

- Click “Add location” to tag your photo with any location in the world. If it’s already geotagged, you can edit or remove its location by clicking “Edit” or “Remove.”

As always, you control whether viewers can see the geo locations of your photo albums: just open your photos in the lightbox, and click “Show/Hide location data” in Photo details. You can also adjust your geo location preferences for new albums via settings (http://google.com/settings/plus).

We’re always working to make your Google+ photos experience better, so we hope you enjoy this new feature! (P.S. it’s rolling out gradually, so check back soon if you don’t see it yet...)

Here is a screenshot I did of the setting screen.

GeoTagging.png

What do you think?

I have no time with everything going on in Googleland right now, to try/test this.
So please share anything you discover that would be helpful to other members.

GeoTagging.png

Trying this out with a few clients so will be interested to see if it has any impact. The setting under accounts certainly makes it simpler than it was.

And speaking of photos, big update in G+ today with the size of the cover photo increased. Could be interesting to see how businesses use that space.

Totally forgot about this option, and think it's really hot, so bumping because I don't think hardly anyone knows about it or is using it.

Geotag images right on the G+ page.

PLUS auto geotag the whole photo album:

In settings CHECK: Show photo geo location information in newly uploaded albums and photos.

It's for G+ if you've already merged, but soon Google will upgrade everyone to G+ so you will have it then.

I just had a few clients merge, but I'm having trouble finding where to geotag the pics in G+. I've looked everywhere and feel like a newb. I do see the setting to turn on auto geotag new photos/albums, but I cannot actually edit the image properties within g+.

Can someone give me hint?

---------- Post Merged at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:47 PM ----------

Disregard/delete. I'm an idiot. Found it.

No flaming yourself or calling yourself names on this forum!

The owner will mod slap you! :p

Besides you aren't idiot - Google just likes to make us all feel retarded! :eek:

I just had a few clients merge, but I'm having trouble finding where to geotag the pics in G+. I've looked everywhere and feel like a newb. I do see the setting to turn on auto geotag new photos/albums, but I cannot actually edit the image properties within g+.

Can someone give me hint?

---------- Post Merged at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:47 PM ----------

Disregard/delete. I'm an idiot. Found it.

OK I found out how to change it in settings but I failed the test ! and can't see where to geo tag the pictures. I tried editing (and also uploading) from Google+ Page but don't see an option. Help appreciated !

Si

OK I found out how to change it in settings but I failed the test ! and can't see where to geo tag the pictures. I tried editing (and also uploading) from Google+ Page but don't see an option. Help appreciated !

Si

@Spainops: Make sure you are trying to tag a picture that can be geotagged. Pictures that came from the old places dashboard seem to not be eligible for tagging (or at least have no option to tag). See below where to look for the option to add geotag info.

Screen Shot 2014-04-14 at 8.39.29 AM.jpg

<meta property="og:image" content="http://localsearchforum.catalystemarketing.com/attachments/google-business-pages/1525d1397486616-new-google-update-geotagging-photos-screen-shot-2014-04-14-8.39.29-am.jpg" />

Screen Shot 2014-04-14 at 8.39.29 AM.jpg

"just open your photos in the lightbox, and click “Show/Hide location data” in Photo details."

Here is screenshot of one of mine. This is from Edit Details on photos in G+ interface.

geotagphotos.jpg

But actually it looks like my images were done automatically by settings, not manually. I think that because my address is hidden, it did marker and lat/long in DT San Marcos and I'm nowhere near there.

So I guess for hidden address SABs maybe better not to do it in settings and do it manually per image so can get the right lat/long.

geotagphotos.jpg

21Development is correct. Can't geo tag photos in the "All Photos" (from old dash) section of the new dash. They can be tagged in the "Shared Albums" section.

You lost me Scott. "(from old dash) section of the new dash"

This is all done in the G+ interface, not old Places dash or new Places dash. (At least the way I'm talking about in this thread. Maybe there is another way I don't know about.)

Ahhh thanks. 21D and I were posting at same time so I didn't see the post above mine where he explained.

Thanks I will try again but I'm sure I was uploading a new pic to the Gplus Page

Si

Spainops, if it makes you feel any better, I too have a client on the new dashboard which doesn't show that geotag option.

In fact, when I try to access the three new pics that I have just uploaded, whichever one I click on it shows me one of the others :O So, click on Photo A, it will show me Photo C, click on Photo C, it will show me Photo B!!!

Doncha just love UK Google!

I am moving on to a different client until this one's dashboard gets a grip on itself :)

---------- Post Merged at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:13 PM ----------

Spainops - you should not click on the Photos card on the home page of the Google+ page.

geotag photos1.jpg

You need to click on Photos in the navigation bar. Then access your individual photos from there. That's when you see the option to add the location.

geotag photos1.jpg

Thanks everyone for your input

The navigation and lightbox really helped - all is good :)

Thanks again - really appreciate you taking the time

Si

This helped me however I now have a related problem... a client has 2 merged G+ pages (one for each location) and the previous SEO had added a number of identical photos to both listings. They must have done this through the old places dashboard because I cannot edit location data. I want to delete all these old photos so a. there are no duplicate phtos and b. so I can add location data - I have some more up-to-date photos that I have already geotagged ready for upload. Does anyone have any idea how to delete these old photos?

Thanks

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom