More threads by Conor Treacy

Solutions
Reaction score
Something new I stumbled upon or just something I haven't seen before.

I've only been able to trigger this using the search term "Wordpress plugins". Looking at the inspect element in Google's SERP it's given the class of "appbar" and "extabar", where it appears to be listing software or applications.

At the bottom of the page is the normal ads, then Related Searches where it again lists images of plugins, and I'm pretty sure that's been there for a while, but the top bar is a new one for me to find.

Anyone else seeing the extra App Bar, under "Wordpress plugins" or other searches? I tried various different software plugins, but only the Wordpress one seemed to trigger it for me.

wordpress-plugins-Google-Search.jpg

wordpress-plugins-Google-Search (1).jpg

Solution
Hey Conor, I haven't seen it before. However, I just did a search for "wordpress plugins" and got the same result as you did. I did try a handful of similar searches based on ahrefs search volume and couldn't trigger that bar, except for "best wordpress plugins" which delivered a similar result with an additional item in the list "Smart Product Viewer". The "Plug-in Software/Wordpress" text is clickable and I assumed when clicking on "Plug-in" would take me down a level but instead returns results for the query of "plug-in software".

Interesting find!

Screen Shot 2021-10-29 at 8.59.43 AM.jpg
I haven't seen this before either. Thanks for sharing!

Hey Conor, I haven't seen it before. However, I just did a search for "wordpress plugins" and got the same result as you did. I did try a handful of similar searches based on ahrefs search volume and couldn't trigger that bar, except for "best wordpress plugins" which delivered a similar result with an additional item in the list "Smart Product Viewer". The "Plug-in Software/Wordpress" text is clickable and I assumed when clicking on "Plug-in" would take me down a level but instead returns results for the query of "plug-in software".

Interesting find!

Screen Shot 2021-10-29 at 8.59.43 AM.jpg

Solution
Hi everyone,

I'm new there, signed up as soon as I've seen you discussing this topic (you seem to be the only ones on the world wide web !!)

Any update on this SERP feature ? I ran into it few months back, but for some types of vehicles (BEV sedan) and I was wondering how Google comes up with this.

1675935098021.jpg

It also works with some variations in the keywords : "berline électrique allemande" (German BEV sedan)

We can see Google classifies from the largest notion to the smallest (country, motorization, then sedan).
1675935260289.jpg

Yet it doesn't work with other motorization (PHEV, or fuel), and it doesn't seem to be related to search volumes...

1675935430141.jpg

Do you know if there's a way to "influence" these results SEO wise ? Plus, some elements of that list have an image, others don't, why ? Is there some structured data to implement ?

Regards,
Brian

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom