More threads by djbaxter

djbaxter

Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
I'm suddenly getting a whole bunch of these emails again from Google Search Console for sites I own or manage. All are fully responsive. Some are Xemfopro; most are WordPress.

Most are complaining about this:

Text too small to read
Clickable elements too close together

In the past, I've just gone into GSC and clicked "Fixed" without changing anything and then a week or two later I get another email saying my "changes" have been validated and all is now tickety-boo. I'll probably do that again.

I don't have the best eyesight in the world and I don't have any issues with these sites on my iPhone. I think GSC needs new glasses or a new algorithm. :)

Actually, one is different. This one says "redirect error".

This is a former vBulletin 4 forum that was converted to Xenforo probably about a year ago. Somewhere (not on the site itself) Google found 3 old vBulletin URLs. This concerned the owner so I 410 redirected them (page no longer exists and will not return) and evidently Google is now complaining about those redirects.

Things that make you say, "Google! Stop daydreaming and pay attention! It's not recess time yet!"

In the past, I've just gone into GSC and clicked "Fixed" without changing anything and then a week or two later I get another email saying my "changes" have been validated and all is now tickety-boo. I'll probably do that again.
I already received the first validated email.
Mobile Usability issues successfully fixed for site... The specific issue validated was 'Text too small to read'.
Again, this was without making any changes, just clicking the fixed button in GSC.

The silly games we sometimes have to play with Google. :)

And another for the same site with no changes actually made to the site:
Google has validated your fix of Mobile Usability issues on site ... The specific issue validated was 'Clickable elements too close together'.

Okay this one is the dumbest of them all:

googlelogo_color_112x36dp.png
Search Console

Mobile Usability issues detected on blog.psychlinks.ca

To the owner of blog.psychlinks.ca:

Search Console has identified that your site is affected by 3 Mobile Usability issues:

Top Issues
The following issues were found on your site:

Text too small to read
Content wider than screen
Clickable elements too close together

We recommend that you fix these issues when possible to enable the best experience and coverage in Google Search.

That is an old subdomain that hasn't been active for years and that I closed a few months back. It doesn't exist. Try it in your browser and you'll get a "server not found" error.

This is beyond humorous. This is just plain stupid.

I know this is an old thread, but I thought it warrants a reply. I get emails often from Google regarding Mobile Usability issues detected on a number websites I manage. Here's a recent one:

2021-12-01_15-15-57.jpg

When I go to fix and test, everything is fine.

Is this a bug or legit?

In my opinion, it is a poor algorithm and has been from the beginning. I've been receiving and ignoring those for a good couple of years now.

Try this:
  1. do not make any changes at all to your site
  2. log into your GSC
  3. click on the notice and then click on the Fixed button
GSC will say it is verifying and you'll get an email saying the same thing. In a couple of days, you'll get another Google email saying everything is fixed now.

The key point is you made absolutely no changes to your site!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom