More threads by Contractor

Contractor

Reaction score
I don’t see NextDoor talked about much. I’m wondering if you guys use NextDoor to get leads for your residential service area business clients. And if so, if you have any tips.

Recently I have had 12 calls from five different towns all next to each other about 30 minutes away from my normal service area. I found out that a customer that I did work for in one of those towns many years ago recently put my name and number in NextDoor.

How are the conversions on those 12 calls compared to your previous history of closing calls?

I don’t see NextDoor talked about much. I’m wondering if you guys use NextDoor to get leads for your residential service area business clients. And if so, if you have any tips.

Recently I have had 12 calls from five different towns all next to each other about 30 minutes away from my normal service area. I found out that a customer that I did work for in one of those towns many years ago recently put my name and number in NextDoor.

We recently launched it to our chain brand (mostly restaurant/retail) clients. Interest is high in listing management and some have even gone ahead and are testing ad buys.

We're keeping an eye on Nextdoor's referral traffic contribution to see if it lifts traffic in a meaningful way but even then, as these businesses are so reliant on repeat, local traffic, they all want to encourage more neighborhood level exposure/reach/impressions so the platform is seen as a full funnel strategy. The recommendations are also important. Amongst Nextdoor's ~25M US users, they have Yelp-level influence in terms of trust if not higher.

In 90% of cases, clients are starting from not having a presence at all to all of a sudden having all 100 / 200 / 1000 of their stores listed so it's also a great opportunity to have a competitive edge over others who haven't decided to actively manage yet.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom