Jo Shaer

Reaction score
I have been asked to set up a website for the US based owner of my UK client. With all the current furore here in the UK over Privacy Policy/Data Protection, Cookies and Terms of Use/Intellectual Property Rights, is there a standard US version of these that I can put on the site?

I know there are some Wordpress plugins for Adsense affiliate sites but want to be sure that any such pages would offer some protection to a bricks and mortar business.

Thank you in advance.

djbaxter

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
For the most part, North America so far has avoided the "cookie hysteria" that seems to have gripped Europe but Privacy Policy statements are recommended and in some cases required.

See Privacy and Security | USA.gov and Government cookie policy guidance and op-out instructions | USA.gov for an example from a US government site of how they handle the issue.

For commercial sites, usually there should also be a statement about funding for the site and any links to commercial organizations or corporations that might conceivably be seen to affect the impartiality of the site content.

See also http://epic.org/privacy/fusion/privacy_guide_final.pdf (acrobat format) for general information on what your privacy policy pages should contain.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M I Really Want the New Places Dashboard Google My Business & Google Maps 5
djbaxter How The Web is Really Built Websites, Software, and Security 0
Marty Twelves Local links: are they really that much better? Local Search 1
S Really bad GMB reviews, options? Google My Business & Google Maps 7
Colan Nielsen Google Really Pushing Competitor Listings on Knowledge Panels and Branded Searches Google News: Important Changes & Features 4
rhealyn Is it really about relevance? Local listing update. Local Search 3
A Storage Units - Are They REALLY Against The Rules? Local Search 3
Rich Owings Are unrelated categories really the kiss of death? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 6
H Google My Business Bulk - Really backed up???? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
C Who REALLY Knows How Much "Optimization" Is Just Wheel Spinning Google My Business & Google Maps 10
P Really long business & domain name with articles in it, what should we do? Local Search 5
J Does adding an SSL really boost ranking ? Local Search 17
stryker Google picked up a really weird title from my new website. Local Search 3
S Will the SSL Deadline by Google in October Really Be A Factor in Rankings? Local Search 18
JoshuaMackens Ranking for a City When You're in the City But Not Really Local Search 11
Gsmithmike Different websites under one IP is it really a bad practice? Local Search 2
DGDMarketing Really Need The Experts On This One :( Help & Support for Google Local 2
Gsmithmike How to really remove these Spammy local pages Local Search 3
360 Spin Scaling Geo-Targeted Local Landing Pages That Really Rank and Convert Local Search 0
Linda Buquet Can we Really Ditch Ranking Reports due to Pigeon? Local Search 13
Linda Buquet Did the CEO of Yodle Really Just Say That? Re: Local Reviews Advice? Local Reviews 3
Linda Buquet If Google Was a Guy - Funny Video - But Google Local is Really a SHE Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 6
djbaxter What Google does with duplicate content: Nothing really Organic SEO 5
Chris_Gregory How much does cheap SEO really cost? Consultant's Corner 0
G How Many F Bombs Can you Drop on Google When you are Really Really Mad? Google My Business & Google Maps 11
Linda Buquet How the Google Local Algo Really Works - What Rules the Ranking Order Google My Business & Google Maps 29
MiriamEllis How Much Does Sheer Review Count Really Matter? Local Reviews 6
L Can I really do anything about local search cheaters? Spam on Google 5
Colan Nielsen This Guy Really Annoys Me Mod Squad 1
Optimize Prime A REALLY cool way to get your Google+ page to stand out! Google My Business & Google Maps 8
G Top Listing For These Sites? Really? How? Ranking Puzzles 9
G Top Listing For These Sites? Really? How? Ranking Puzzles 9
Linda Buquet Is Google Local Really this Broken? Who's in Charge? What's the Solution? Google My Business & Google Maps 14
MiriamEllis Is G+ Local Sentiment Analysis Worth A Hang? Really? Local Search 4
Colan Nielsen Really Surprised by a Google Employee Response Local Search 5
Paul Gregory Google Maps default location bias distance and the Google Maps Places API Google Algorithm Discussions 2
M Bar within hotel appearing in place of main hotel listing Help & Support for Google Local 6
NickB-Tampa How can I unsync Google My Business from my Bing Places listings? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Koray Tuğberk GÜBÜR Two Different Business Places at the Same Address: Should I Add Them to GMB? Local Search 1
raellovepie Bing Places (Canada) - Add Special Hours Local Search 1
Ellen Looking for live example of website using Place Photos Google My Business & Google Maps 5
brownaddesign Help with Bing Places - Accidently imported all our GMB listings Local Search 3
CarrieHill Thanks to Places Scout for Continuing to be a LocalU Advanced Gold Sponsor Events 5
LocalSEODat Need help with a suspended GMB - Client had home address as place of biz, then suspended. Fixed to meet customers and got reply with no reason Service Area Businesses 6
hajnasiewicz Place an order link Google News: Important Changes & Features 1
U How is Google Selecting Places on Google Local Context Maps Google My Business & Google Maps 0
j_holtslander Insta-fail when creating a place? Help & Support for Google Local 5
Ben Walsh Am I asking questions in the right place ? Contact Us Messages 1
hajnasiewicz Bing Places for Business: add Administrator Local Content 4
hajnasiewicz Bing Places for Business Local Search 3