More threads by obcted

obcted

Reaction score
Hi All,

This one might be a little outside the bounds of what's typically asked here but this community seems super knowledgeable so I thought I'd ask :)

So we're a lead tracking (Call tracking/Form Tracking/SMS/Chat) platform. We're in beta with passing back leads that eventually convert into offline conversions (in Store Sales/Signed Clients) back to Google Ads. With Google Ads it's easy as each click from Google ads has a unique identifier which we capture and pair the offline event to.
We're in beta with a client now and we're seeing about a 18-24% ROI improvement in campaigns because they can bid Higher on the terms that result in more sales (offline events) not just "conversions". We have also seen about a 10-15% ROI improvement through using the Target ROAS bidding. Which is to say manual adjustments are still beating the Google Ads Optimization Algorithm (take that terminators).

All that said we're trying to set up the same for FB ads. BUT apparently their is no similar method for Facebook that is comparable to the Google Click Id (Gclid). Facebook urges you to pass back any name, email, phone and they will attempt to match it to a profile and match offline events to names/email/phone. The hit rate on this is lower than we'd like whereas with Google Ads it's essentially a 100% match SINCE we have that Gclid.

Does ANYONE have any workaround for passing back FB offline conversions back into Facebook that DOESN'T involve their whole "Matching" principle but instead pulling in a unique FB id and then pair it back to that FB to show FB that an offline event occurred?

I know this is a stretch just figured it might be worth a shot :)

Ted

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom