More threads by mikepetersonwi

Reaction score
I don't have a lot of experience with owler.com. Is it worth setting up a profile for backlink purposes and possibly some direct traffic?

Are you able to add a link on the profile? I am not seeing any profiles with links.

It looks like Owler maybe doing what a lot of other companies do: they put up a page for your business so you'll see it and contact them aka they use it for lead gen.

If it's easy and can be crawled (see the post above mine from keyserholiday) sure. Go ahead. If it takes more than 10 minutes or can't be crawled, just skip it.

Also, just so you know, you don't want business listings for backlinks. You want them for citation purposes.

Now, I do believe the backlinks do help and send signals to Google you are a local business but only about 20% are followed links when it comes to local businesses according to a study we did with Local Listing Ninja a few years ago. And of those 20% most are not quality backlinks.

If you want backlinks you need to go out and get legitimate ones apart from business listings. That's what will move your ranking needle.

Google's definitely indexing the site, including the company directory part (screenshot below and their robots.txt is only blocking Google from a few specific places that don't impact the listing)...

1588787385693.png

...and the Ahrefs Domain Rating is 74. So, I'd say to go for it.

It's also probably something quick to do (as @JoshuaMackens said above) and would be a good opportunity to get where competitors are.

In regards to the original question, recently I also found our agency's name listed there. I signed up for the free account and tried to enter missing data, but after exchanging some emails with their support, I found that it needs to be approved manually by them. But they did, and as Justin said, the DR is pretty high, so it's definitely something you should do.

Google's definitely indexing the site, including the company directory part (screenshot below and their robots.txt is only blocking Google from a few specific places that don't impact the listing)...

1588787385693.png

...and the Ahrefs Domain Rating is 74. So, I'd say to go for it.

It's also probably something quick to do (as @JoshuaMackens said above) and would be a good opportunity to get where competitors are.
I agree with Justin re blocking of Google and and although the link is nofollow it is still a nice balance to have of links.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom