More threads by izdr1

izdr1

Reaction score
Hello all,
My first post on the board. Looks like some good information here. Thank you.

I work at a law firm. Our law firm GMB page was getting between 5,000 and 6,000 impressions per month as recently as January. We had a new lawyer join the firm who was previously a solo practitioner; for some reason it occurred to him to change his old GMB page to match our firm's name and address exactly. Google (for some reason, and without our approval) took the liberty or marking our original firm GMB as a duplicate, even though it was "first in time." It also merged most of our existing reviews onto the new lawyer's page.

We did reach out to Google and the page has been reactivated and the new lawyer's GMB changed to a practitioner GMB (of which we have 3 or 4 for individual lawyers). They also transferred back some (but not all) our reviews back to our page. However, the firm GMB is still not showing up in search (it's been at least three months). The only way I can get to the profile is through a direct link. We're down to ~200 views per month, from 5,000.

Is there any way to "force" our main/original GMB profile back to the top? This is so frustrating!

Thanks,
Israel

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom