More threads by Matt Chauhan

Matt Chauhan

Reaction score
1- What percentage of duplicate content is considered safe while building a service area page on the website?
2- What percentage of duplicate content is considered safe while building a location landing page on the website for GBP?

Solution
@Matt Chauhan, what @Justin Mosebach said (thanks, Justin).

It's great if you can differentiate each page a lot, but I have found that it's no big deal if you can't. Some of the most effective pages I've made are very heavy on boilerplate. As in 85% generic, sometimes. The 15% is very good - not lip service. I'm not suggesting you try to make pages that are mostly generic. Rather, my point is they can start off pretty generic, and you can disitinguish them more over time. That's a huge part of working on "location" pages: working on them over time.

A good cycle is something like this:

1. Create a page that's as unique and persuasive as you can make it.
2. Go heavy on internal links to it.
3. Let it sit for a...
@Matt Chauhan, what @Justin Mosebach said (thanks, Justin).

It's great if you can differentiate each page a lot, but I have found that it's no big deal if you can't. Some of the most effective pages I've made are very heavy on boilerplate. As in 85% generic, sometimes. The 15% is very good - not lip service. I'm not suggesting you try to make pages that are mostly generic. Rather, my point is they can start off pretty generic, and you can disitinguish them more over time. That's a huge part of working on "location" pages: working on them over time.

A good cycle is something like this:

1. Create a page that's as unique and persuasive as you can make it.
2. Go heavy on internal links to it.
3. Let it sit for a couple of months.
4. Study it in Search Console and see what it does and does not rank for.
5. Improve the page, with content about specific jobs you've done (preferably in that place), FAQs, reviews, photos, more internal links in and out, etc.
6. Repeat steps 3-5.

Solution

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom