More threads by Igor

Igor

Reaction score
Hey guys, figured I'd pick your collective brains on a recent issue. We've got a client whose official business number reaches an extension directory (common for larger companies). This means that whenever we try to verify a listing somewhere like Apple Maps, the PIN never reaches them.

Are there any workarounds for this problem? Is it possible to switch to another (direct) line and verify that way and then change the official # or would that need to be verified again?

Hello, i have the same problem when i try to verify some of my listings.
The only other option that i have was to send it via post card, although i new it was not going to arrive to destination (they are in the caribbean). So after 14 days that i apply for it, i would communicate with Google Support and make with them the verification (they usually ask me a picture of the entrance with a sign showing the name).
Maybe there is a faster option that im not aware of, but this is how i managed to validate when the phonically was not getting.

And for Apple Maps, i will contact them via online and they validate themselves manually
Hope it helps

@Igor With Apple Maps, you can set it to call an extension for verification. If the company isn't too large, you can have them turn off the automated system briefly, perhaps right before they open.

@Igor With Apple Maps, you can set it to call an extension for verification. If the company isn't too large, you can have them turn off the automated system briefly, perhaps right before they open.

There does not seem to be an option to set an extension. Is there a guide or a screenshot you can provide? Thanks!

- edit -

Found it, thanks!

@Igor This dropped off my radar. I meant to grab screenshots the other day when I did one of these, but once you click the call me button, you'll see some options on how to deal with extensions.

Here you go:

pic1.jpg

Almost all directories have workarounds for automated systems. They require hard works sometimes and can be far from elegant, but typically there is a workaround. As a matter of fact, the only ones I know of that we can't work around currently are hubbiz, yellowise, and ibegin. The first one I know isn't working, the other 2 I haven't tested in probably over 6 months. But there's no workaround because they're just flat broke.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom