More threads by MaxAdventures

Reaction score
Hello,
A week ago we received 2- 5 star reviews from our customers (one of the reviews was from a local guide and not just ratings but a full review). It showed up on google and I received email notification that we got new reviews. It was showing that we have 216 reviews. I responded to both of them saying thank you. All of a sudden a couple of days later it started showing that we have 214 reviews and those reviews were not showing up in my business app, however they were still there on google. I called google and asked them why they removed reviews from real customers that were at our venue 3 days ago and the fake negative reviews from people that never been here are still up on our page. They told me it's a technical issue and that reviews will be back. At one point 1 of the reviews was back for a short period of time and now gone again. I called them again they said to wait and see.

Email notification about reviews

Did anyone have experience with this? positive reviews disappearing and negative staying?

Max Adventures
Google Maps page

@MaxAdventures, multi-part answer:

1. Google reviews can get filtered, unfiltered, and re-filtered again. They're never quite on terra firma.

2. The occasional bug does crawl into Google's reviews silo.

3. Whenever you check on your reviews, do you sort them by "Newest"? Sometimes Google shuffles around the reviews it considers most (or least) "relevant." If Google did so since the last time you checked your reviews, those 2 reviews you mentioned may just be lower down the list.

4. If you see those Google reviews when you're (a) signed out and you (b) look at them in your knowledge panel, I wouldn't be concerned if you don't see them in the app.

Thank you Phil for reply. At the beginning I was able to see them on maps but not in app. Now they are gone all together. The guy who left one of the reviews he is a local guide and even uploaded 5 pictures from their event. The pictures are visible in the app but the reviews are gone. Is it possible to get them back? Or there is nothing that can be done?

Thank you Phil for reply. At the beginning I was able to see them on maps but not in app. Now they are gone all together. The guy who left one of the reviews he is a local guide and even uploaded 5 pictures from their event. The pictures are visible in the app but the reviews are gone. Is it possible to get them back? Or there is nothing that can be done?
Max, do you know if the total number of reviews for your establishment is now including those reviews, or not?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom