More threads by Jason_Parks1

Jason_Parks1

Reaction score
Hi There. I own an office building in Downtown Columbus, Ohio. We're the only business that currently occupies the space. We have extra offices since we're in a hybrid model. I'm contemplating leasing out part of the building to another business. My concern is that if we were to lease out the space, our local SEO rankings would be impacted if there's another business sharing an address with us.

Since we're the only one occupying the building, we don't currently have a suite number. Could we keep our address as is and for the new tenant that's moving in, use "Suite 200." Or would we need to change our address to reflect a Suite or Floor?

Any advice/insight would be greatly appreciated.

Hi!
Your local rankings would be impacted if that other business also shares the same business category/industry with you. So if they're operating in a different niche, there's no problem with sharing an address. You can still add a suite # if you want to keep it separately.

Hi!
Your local rankings would be impacted if that other business also shares the same business category/industry with you. So if they're operating in a different niche, there's no problem with sharing an address. You can still add a suite # if you want to keep it separately.

Their category is talent agency. We're a marketing agency. They are a booking agency providing entertainment services to the events industry. We build websites and help with digital marketing. You think that's ok?

Their category is talent agency. We're a marketing agency. They are a booking agency providing entertainment services to the events industry. We build websites and help with digital marketing. You think that's ok?

Yes, I think so. It all depends on what customers would search for when in need of your services. If that intersects it can be a problem. You could do a Google search for your most used search terms and compare the GBP categories used by you and your competitors (and generally have a look at what industries your competition operates in). Then you search for the talent agency and look up what categories they use. (Pleper chrome extension can help) If their GBP categories are also used by you and your competition, sharing the exact address can be problematic. If not, there's no worries.

Yes, I think so. It all depends on what customers would search for when in need of your services. If that intersects it can be a problem. You could do a Google search for your most used search terms and compare the GBP categories used by you and your competitors (and generally have a look at what industries your competition operates in). Then you search for the talent agency and look up what categories they use. (Pleper chrome extension can help) If their GBP categories are also used by you and your competition, sharing the exact address can be problematic. If not, there's no worries.

Hi @Tim Kahlert - Earlier in this thread, you said "You can still add a suite # if you want to keep it separately." My concern with adding a suite number is that would change our address and I'm concerned that would impact our Google rankings.

Would you recommend keeping our address as is and having the new tenant add a suite number or should we both get a suite number?

I know this is quite different but what is best practice with virtual offices? We have a client who still uses a virtual office which is of course against T&C, but now they want to stop paying rent on the virtual address as no post goes there. Is this risky?

Last edited:

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom