More threads by Matt Chauhan

Matt Chauhan

Reaction score
Probate Lawyer has a search volume of 15k, whereas Probate Attorney is 14k.

1- Which term shall we use in the page title (on the service page)?
2- Are these terms interchangeable?
3- Can we use both in the page title? Something like Probate Lawyer, Attorney in St. Petersburg, FL?

Solution
I would lean toward whichever term is more natural to the target clientele. I'm guessing that will be lawyer, but it may change from region to region.

Google understands that the terms are interchangeable (just look at what's already ranking, you'll see a mix of both terms), so don't worry about it too much. If you rank for "probate attorney" there's an excellent change that you rank just as well for "probate lawyer" and vice versa.

I'd avoid using both keywords in the title. Because Google understands that they are synonyms, t's a waste of valuable pixel space, and it increases the chance of an unwanted title tag rewrite if Google interprets this as keyword stuffing.
I would lean toward whichever term is more natural to the target clientele. I'm guessing that will be lawyer, but it may change from region to region.

Google understands that the terms are interchangeable (just look at what's already ranking, you'll see a mix of both terms), so don't worry about it too much. If you rank for "probate attorney" there's an excellent change that you rank just as well for "probate lawyer" and vice versa.

I'd avoid using both keywords in the title. Because Google understands that they are synonyms, t's a waste of valuable pixel space, and it increases the chance of an unwanted title tag rewrite if Google interprets this as keyword stuffing.

Solution

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom