More threads by Brian - TGL

Brian - TGL

Reaction score
I have a few recent products marked "Not Approved".

When I go into the product details I see the error to "Edit photo":

Do these usually get self corrected (it has been 4 days at this point), or it is best to just re upload the photo (maybe with a new file name)?

I think it's best to just re upload the photos. Make sure the photos adhere to the GBP photo guidelines. If they do not, you will encounter an error.
  • Format: JPG or PNG.
  • Size: Between 10 KB and 5 MB.
  • Recommended resolution: 720 px tall, 720 px wide.
  • Minimum resolution: 250 px tall, 250 px wide.
  • Quality: The photo should be in focus and well lit, and have no significant alterations or excessive use of filters. In other words, the image should represent reality.

@ElizabethRule

This particular error seems to clearly be related to the actual image file and doesn't appear to be quality related, I have used this style of image 100's of times and it's the first time I saw that particular error, just was wondering if anyone had experience with that particular error.

I use templates for all my customer product photos, all created in Canva, PNG, same resolution highly branded with a large text description of the product. I have never seen the quality requirements apply to those photos the same as the logo, I don't see any reference specifically to product photos on the guideline page either.

@ElizabethRule that page looks to be specifically related to bulk upload (csv) of products via the merchant center, but it pretty much the same language in the error.

I am going to let one sit for the next month or so and keep an eye on it, and re-upload the other for comparison.

Actually, I just checked both GBPs that had this error, and the error is gone on both, products are now published.

One was about a 5 day delay, the other was a 7 day delay (there were only 2 of 10 products on each that had the error).

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Events

LocalU October 2024 Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom