More threads by djbaxter

djbaxter

Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
Matt Cutts on SEO, PageRank, Spam & the Future of Google Search at Pubcon Las Vegas - Search Engine Watch (#SEW)
Search Engine Watch
October 24, 2013

Bad News for PageRank Fans

For PageRank devotees, there is some bad news. PageRank is updated internally within Google on a daily basis and every three months or so, they would push out that information to the Google toolbar so it would be visible to webmasters. Unfortunately, the pipeline they used to push the data to the toolbar broke and Google does not have anyone working on fixing it. As a result, Cutts said we shouldn?t expect to see any PageRank updates anytime soon--not anytime this year. He doesn?t know if they will fix it, but they are going to judge the impact of not updating it. The speculation that PageRank could be retired is not that far off from the truth, as it currently stands.

Read more...

I'm not surprised by this at all. I never understood why Google made this public anyway. So many SEO people take advantage of this metric. I always said if Google wanted to curtail the manipulation of their algo, the one thing they could do is get rid of page rank.

Travis

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom