More threads by Elliot

Elliot

Reaction score
How important is it to have the same number in your GMB and citations as on your website? Our main phone number in our header will be different than whats listed in our profile in order to track our calls, should our GMB number be in the NAP in our footer? What's best practice?

I haven't done call tracking in quite a while, but if you're interested, Callrail is a good solution to go with. They're more mindful of local SEO considerations than most. You can read an intro article on the topic here, pointing you in the right direction.

The short version: don't do the naive solution. Don't just put your tracking number in the header. It might be fine if it's showing correctly everywhere else, but I'd advise any client of mine to move to a more sophisticated solution if they were committed to call tracking. I'd also double up with schema, showing the correct local number.

I haven't done call tracking in quite a while, but if you're interested, Callrail is a good solution to go with. They're more mindful of local SEO considerations than most. You can read an intro article on the topic here, pointing you in the right direction.

The short version: don't do the naive solution. Don't just put your tracking number in the header. It might be fine if it's showing correctly everywhere else, but I'd advise any client of mine to move to a more sophisticated solution if they were committed to call tracking. I'd also double up with schema, showing the correct local number.

I second Callrail.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom