More threads by Jerem

Jerem

Reaction score
Hello ,

1) If a local business has a adress that includes two numbers like: "20-22 street "."30-31 avenue " ,etc..

should I use the these two numbers for each citation or is it a better practice to choose one number ? Like "20 street" instead of "20-22 street" for avoiding worries with NAP ?

2) I have a long URL website that includes the business name + the city + district . It looks something like www.long-brand-name-city&district.com

Can it be a problem for Google if I add city+district in the URL of every service page ?
It will look like this: http://www.long-brand-name-city&district/service-city-district

Many thanks by advance for your help

1) You shouldn't choose what the address is. Check Google Maps and list the actual business address (post office or other legal documents). Changing it could cause mapping/direction issues if not consistent.

2) what's the goal of creating a URL like that? Is it a multi-location business with different offices? Let's say for sake of discussion you go with that strategy... what do you hypothesize as the outcome?

The main thing you should check when building citations is if the map that goes along with the address correctly pinpoints the location. A lot of directories use Google Maps for their mapping section but some use Bing Maps which might understand addresses completely different. As long as the marker is correct, you should be okay.

1) You shouldn't choose what the address is. Check Google Maps and list the actual business address (post office or other legal documents). Changing it could cause mapping/direction issues if not consistent.

2) what's the goal of creating a URL like that? Is it a multi-location business with different offices? Let's say for sake of discussion you go with that strategy... what do you hypothesize as the outcome?

If you're talking about creating url that ends by servicepagename-city.com , I used it in other websites and was happy with the results but I may be wrong (maybe other factors helped).

No, it's not a multi-location business.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom