More threads by jannette

jannette

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out the best way to set up an Apple ID and claim our business listings on Apple Maps.
Problem is, we manage multiple businesses, each with different domains, and use one email address to manage them all (in GMB we use a gmail account). Also, all of our businesses use automated phone systems and likely can't be used for verification.

Is it possible to verify all of our businesses from one email address with a differing domain, and with a automated phone system that can't be used for verification? Will we need a separate Apple ID with a domain-based email address for each business to help with verification? (We hope not, as we don't have email set up for each businesses' domain). I don't want to start setting this up until I know which combination of Apple IDs and email addresses can be successful, so appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
Jannette

Solution
Hi Jannette,

You can use the same Apple ID to manage multiple listings, even if the listings are completely different businesses (at least that's been my experience in the past).

For the automated phone system, Apple Maps does have a work-around that sometimes works:
  • Typical phone tree: Apple lets you add extension numbers when you do the phone verification, allowing them to get through the phone tree.
  • Brief automated message before being able to answer: If it's just a delayed answer (ex. automated message that lasts for 10 seconds before someone can answer) you can add a comma "," (or several of them in a row) after the phone number to delay the code being shared.
Let me know if that works!
Hi Jannette,

You can use the same Apple ID to manage multiple listings, even if the listings are completely different businesses (at least that's been my experience in the past).

For the automated phone system, Apple Maps does have a work-around that sometimes works:
  • Typical phone tree: Apple lets you add extension numbers when you do the phone verification, allowing them to get through the phone tree.
  • Brief automated message before being able to answer: If it's just a delayed answer (ex. automated message that lasts for 10 seconds before someone can answer) you can add a comma "," (or several of them in a row) after the phone number to delay the code being shared.
Let me know if that works!

Solution

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom