More threads by Jaimie S

Jaimie S

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Just wondering what is recommended for realtors running from their home address as a SAB but are part of a bigger group.
Understood that best practice is to hide address, business name is their own name, but wondering here what the website should be for best local rankings? Using the Larger Branches website or creating their own (using GMB free one or creating their own).
Concerned about linking the larger brands website and having weaker rankings due to consistency.

And if there will be big negative effects if they were to use a GMB website for their website and then list the main branch website for appointment links?

Thank you ahead.

wondering here what the website should be for best local rankings? Using the Larger Branches website or creating their own (using GMB free one or creating their own).

Jamie, I have a similar thought that I hope is ok to tag on to this discussion.

@Mary Bowling mentioned in the 6/15 episode of 'Last Week in Local' something regarding realtors and how in her experience they must not leave SEO up to the agency but take into their own hands.

So I also wonder if it's best to advise Realtors to have their OWN website and not just rely on their profile page on the agencies? At least their own site would be a controllable central location where they could then show listings, videos, social channels, etc. (even if they are links).

I also appreciate feedback on this one.

Hey Nikki!

Yes we try to suggest that to our clients but some of them are very attached to being part of the brand website and the status that gives them.

Thank you for mentioning the episode, I will have a look.

I'm just curious if there is any solid advice for them! Or if we should start some trial and error.

I've done work for a few realtors and was wondering about this category. If they create a different website than the company one (one is ReMax, the other c21), will their listing get penalized? Will Google autogenerate a second profile? It seems brick and mortar offices do better than SABS so the office address is key but can they do the office address and then the GMB website even if they do have a page?

Unless they have the budget to do link building, I would suggest using the big company's site.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom