More threads by Matt Chauhan

Matt Chauhan

Reaction score
We need help with outsourcing some of our local link building tasks for some of the projects we are managing. Can someone suggest some good companies or service providers who can help us with local link building tasks for us?

We already use Bright Local for citation building, and we are satisfied with their citation-building services. We just need help with local link building.

Please suggest some companies for the same.

Hi Matt, if you are looking for effective local link building, it requires a lot of investment and time. By effective, I mean local links that actually are impactful to your clients' ranking and/or ROI. You didn't mention "inexpensive" but did mention BrightLocal. I just want to set the expectations that legitimate and effective local link building is not cost-comparable to subscribing to a citation building service. If local link building is critical to your clients' success, than I'd suggest talking to the team at ZipSprout.

Hi Matt, if you are looking for effective local link building, it requires a lot of investment and time. By effective, I mean local links that actually are impactful to your clients' ranking and/or ROI. You didn't mention "inexpensive" but did mention BrightLocal. I just want to set the expectations that legitimate and effective local link building is not cost-comparable to subscribing to a citation building service. If local link building is critical to your clients' success, than I'd suggest talking to the team at ZipSprout.

Hi Jeff, thanks for your input. We did try to look for the pricing of Zipsrout, and turns out that they are too expensive. Any other companies you have in mind?

Hi Matt, in our experience if you are going to properly invest in local link building it takes a lot of time, patience and experience, which almost always translates into money. It is a slow process, so even if you hire someone internally to do this you'll have to pay them a decent wage as it will require a person with good communication skills because it will typically involve speaking directly with local businesses, schools, non-profits, etc. Also, besides the labor costs there are typically additional funds needed to be spent for sponsorships to get the local links or just to start a conversation. That is why there aren't many local link building services out there, it requires a lot of hard work. I'm not dismissing the importance of local link building, it can be a game changer but most clients don't have the budget so money is better spent in other areas such as great content. We typically use Ahrefs and sometimes semrush to evaluate local backlinks of competitors to see if there are any easy/simple opportunities that don't require a lot of time investment but otherwise a quality local link building process requires spending money, there aren't any inexpensive alternatives.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom