kbone

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

One of my clients gets a lot of in-store customers that are more than happy to leave a Google review.

However, it is tough for the employees to instruct customers in the store how to leave a google review and the steps required.

To make it simple, I decided to setup a new domain name (ie. reviewourstore.com) which 301 redirects the user instantly to Google search page of the business where the Google rating/review box automatically pops up and is pre-loaded with 5-stars.

That way the employees can tell the customer, oh just take your phone out and go to "reviewourstore.com" and the customer is redirected to precisely where they need to be in Google to leave the review.

My question is... is this acceptable to Google? I mean, it's really no different than having a link on your website to leave a Google review (which from what I understand is acceptable).

Am I putting them at risk of penalization?

Thanks for any insights or advice.

KBone

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
djbaxter How To Use the new noindex and force redirect custom addon for threads Admin Stuff 0
djbaxter Testing new noindex and force redirect custom addon by TickTackk Admin Stuff 0
Greg Bernhardt Is redirecting broken backlinks overrated? Organic SEO 3
ChristianRdz Redirecting a ranking page to another site Organic SEO 4
sixthcitysarah Anyone know much on in-page PHP coded redirects? Websites, Software, and Security 1
PKLilikoi "Redirect Notice" in Google causing Toxic Link issue in Tools Organic SEO 3
J Issues with Spam Redirects Spam on Google 4
hajnasiewicz Issues with multiple domain redirects to one domain? Websites, Software, and Security 4
C Disgruntled Employee - Redirecting Backlink to a Different URL On My Page Organic SEO 3
keyserholiday Google 301 redirect issue Local Search 5
A Redirecting sites via A Records Websites, Software, and Security 7
djbaxter Malicious WordPress Redirect Campaign Attacking Several Plugins Websites, Software, and Security 1
A Stacking 301 redirects Organic SEO 5
Jeffrey Taylor Website Redirects on Citations Moving or Name Changes 2
georgebizpro Redirect https domain to another https website Organic SEO 11
Vicky Trainor Do I need to redirect a business.site? Help & Support for Google Local 2
V Need Help: Fetch as Google shows redirected URL when it is not NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 0
vivekrpatel Need Help: Fetch as Google shows redirected URL when it is not NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 0
P Advice on URL Redirects Local Search 2
JoshuaMackens Getting GM to Redirect Traffic Google My Business & Google Maps 1
J Is there a way to tell if someone is 301 redirecting to your site. Local Search 1
H Still Grappling with the BIG change in 301 redirect rules. . . Local Search 9
K HEADS UP - Google Removing unverified G+ Pages - Redirecting to Maps Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 5
timcapper DRAFT - Redirect Traffic from Other Business Pages to your Site through Images Post Drafts (Private) 0
Scott ClientClicks Advantage to using iframe over 301 redirect? Local Search 3
Eric Rohrback 301 redirect & Yext Image Question Local Search 0
HurricaneK8 CLOSED - Redirection H-E-Double-Hockey Sticks! Recycle Bin 1
R Website on GMB listing redirects to another website? Local Search 1
djbaxter Matt Cutts: What percentage of PageRank is lost through a 301 redirect? Organic SEO 0
JoyHawkins Get Custom Responses to Online Reviews Local Reviews 3
Colan Nielsen NEW Claim your listing on BrightLocal's Agency Directory: Get in front of relevant customers and win leads LSF News and Announcements 3
Steve Attarian Has anyone had luck removing a Review by a non customer that gave one star because she noticed that the staff didn't wear masks when she walked by? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
annatindal GMB Customer Uploaded Photos Question All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 2
Eoghan_MFeed Great customer review we pulled in for a client Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 0
J Unable to change the custom URL link on YouTube for a rebranded business Local Content 2
LocalSEODat Need help with a suspended GMB - Client had home address as place of biz, then suspended. Fixed to meet customers and got reply with no reason Service Area Businesses 6
S 1-star review (not by customer) Can this be removed? Local Reviews 9
T Will GMB consider a review placed by a customer who was taken to court for a Judgement recovered by the business as Spam or Fake Comment? Local Reviews 1
K Customer wants to add a tracking number across all of his Citations NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
L Big Drop in the number of new reviews made by customers Local Reviews 1
djbaxter Google Allows a Custom List of Services to GMB Listings Service Area Businesses 14
Claire Carlile No 'message you' data showing in Customer actions Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Koray Tuğberk GÜBÜR Custom Map Creation and Their Effects on Ranking Google Local 101 3
djbaxter Bank employee gives customer's business negative Google Review after frustrating phone call Local Reviews 1
M Customer Journey Tools Local SEO Tools & Software 1
L Google now allows Site Owners to Customize the Search Results Snippets, but what can be customized? Google News: Important Changes & Features 1
rickvidallon Adding Custom Services to GMB Service Area Businesses 9
rickvidallon Replying to Customer Reviews on GMB Google My Business & Google Maps 27
djbaxter Custom BBCode to force nofollow links Local Search Experts Forum 0
Chris Ratchford Anyone familiar w/ Advanced Custom Fields (for WordPress)? Consultant's Corner 6