More threads by johnlavapie_SEO

Solutions
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I have a few questions about Redressal Form:

• From your experience, at what rate do you get companies successfully removed after reporting them through the Redressal Form? Is it 50%?
  • How long should I wait before I report the same listings again?
  • Are there any tricks you do to get a higher rate of success with the Redressal Form?

Thanks!

1. Depends on the type of spam you're reporting. If it's lead gen, usually it gets removed after 1 report. If it's keyword stuffing, you have to report it (usually) multiple times.
2. Usually I'd say wait 3 weeks
3. Look for patterns on what Google is and isn't removing and revise your processes. There are some rules they enforce WAY better than others.

From my experience reporting a keyword stuffed business, I submitted a redressal form without hearing back or getting any results (first one last summer). The first redressal went through since I got a confirmation email but it mentioned that there would be no followup. In all, I submitted about 5 redressal forms over the course of 9 months for the keyword stuffed business. With my specific issue the "suggest an edit" worked, but time will tell if the edit sticks.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom