More threads by Hans

Hans

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have geotagged my image in the GMB post. When I clicked and save the image that I have posted, it does not show any geotagged information. Is this normal? Thank you.

Hi @Hans
Although it's true that Google stripe out GEOTag Data, But it preserves many important metadata which may helpful in SEO.

1) Check this image with meta data
2) Check this GMB Post I used image which contains image meta data.
3) Now we will verify the GMB Post image to confirm which meta data it preserver.
And here is the GMB Post Image We can see that GMB Post images preserve some important meta data.

I tested similar stuff with other Google Properties, Citation Directories & Web 2.0 Sites and I found some good stuffs.

Thanks

So google left the meta data "imagedescription" and "usercomment" tags? I wonder if it would help to put address or city info in that tag

We can put, But I am not sure if Google is reading the content of these fields.

A few weeks back, I did a test while creating citations, I added metadata to the business logo. Then, before starting the citations I tested that logo on Vision AI | Derive Image Insights via ML | Cloud Vision API and the results are zero, although Client website was already indexed in search engine but the logo image was not recognized by Google AI
Then created some citations with that logo and I found that Google Vision AI identify that the logo not only that its showing most the referencing sites. So we can say using the images with metadata help in SEO.

Thanks @shripadd for the insights.
Besides the usual geotag, title and subject, I've included rating, tags and authors too. Does adding in comments and copyrights helps in SEO as well?

Interesting. I'll add this to our to-test list. So far everything I've tested regarding geo-tags when it comes to GMB has done nothing.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom