More threads by KSanders

Reaction score
An employee at an existing client has a side wedding photo/video biz. Pretty straight forward campaign, but they don't want their address--which is their home--on the website once it ranks, as they have photo/video/audio equipment and are concerned about getting burglarized. This is a relatively low-budget deal and more of a favor than anything.

Right now, the site is p5 or so. Is there any issue in submitting to all the major data providers and citations sources while the address is on site, then pulling it once everything is up?

My guy says no problem, but am wondering if there will be unforeseen issues in the future..?

An employee at an existing client has a side wedding photo/video biz. Pretty straight forward campaign, but they don't want their address--which is their home--on the website once it ranks, as they have photo/video/audio equipment and are concerned about getting burglarized. This is a relatively low-budget deal and more of a favor than anything.

Right now, the site is p5 or so. Is there any issue in submitting to all the major data providers and citations sources while the address is on site, then pulling it once everything is up?

My guy says no problem, but am wondering if there will be unforeseen issues in the future..?

Well the website is by far the most important citation to Google, so that's an issue. Everyone assumes not having full NAP on the site hurts ranking, but I'm not sure it's ever been tracked and proven that removing address causes a drop. What if they just did Street + City with no street address?

But thing is, if they do citations with address and someone wants to rip them off, then they can find address easy enough.

So if he's really worried about it he should not do address anywhere. There are some citation sources that don't require one. His ranking may suffer, but if security is more important that would do the trick.

It will effect rankings to a degree IMO. To what degree? Too many factors to consider.

Not only will the address (2nd part of NAP) be missing but so will address from schema mark up.

In the near future essentially all queries will be from mobile. Mobile queries function heavily upon distance of "address" from mobile device.

But I think the only way you are going to find out - is by leaving address up for a while and measuring, then pulling and see what happens.

All other factors in a vacuum, a competitor that shows full address is likely to do better in organic results than the business that doesn't. Transparency will be the winner.

I have the exact same thing happening with a photographer friend who is using her uncles address to rank for the city he lives in.

She's asking me to not use the address, but to get her in the 7 pack...

I think the problem at hand is really that she doesn't understand how SEO works, and what will be of highest benefit. My plan is to sell her and her uncle on the idea that it's more likely someone will call them instead of showing up unannounced (she's a wedding photographer).

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom