Mopo100

Reaction score
Hi, just noticed that all of our replies to reviews on our Google My Business listing (that we have spent considerable time on over the last few years) have suddenly vanished. Must be a bug, anyone know anything? Thanks

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
It's possible your replies violated the guidelines. I've seen quite a few cases of these recently where Google removed them intentionally. Can you post a few examples of what you included in your responses?

Mopo100

Reaction score
Hi Joy, they have reappeared today, so maybe it was a temporary Google glitch or something to do with the data transfer connected with the ongoing updates to the new Google Search Console - if GSC has any connection to Google My Business that is?

When they reappeared today, I also noticed a review is now showing on our listing that I haven't seen before or received any notification for. It looks like it is for another business in the same space, so something must be getting updated in the background?

Mopo100

Reaction score
**Correction** Re the new review..we just received a Google notification for that, so looks like that is unconnected to our replies temporarily vanishing. (just that reviewer got the wrong business)

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
You should be able to get the review removed if it was clearly left for the wrong place (Ex: they mention products or services you don't offer). You first need to flag it, wait 3 days, and then you can reach out to GMB support if it's still there.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
NevenaIvanova Review replies disappeared from Google Google My Business & Google Maps 9
P Replying to All GMB Reviews: Rank Impact? Local Reviews 8
keyserholiday Google review replies are working again. Local Reviews 6
LocalSEODat Hey Gang - if you get high volume of reviews and only reply to positive ones, is that a bad thing? Local Reviews 2
Cordell Crowley Google My Business Review: Auto-Suggested Reply Google My Business & Google Maps 8
rickvidallon Replying to Customer Reviews on GMB Google My Business & Google Maps 27
JoyHawkins Technical Issues Impacting Review Replies Local Reviews 2
M Notification of replies to reviews Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Ray Litvak Replying to a positive Google Review Local Reviews 3
Jo Shaer How Do I Reply To Google Reviews On The New Dashboard Local Reviews 2
Linda Buquet Massive Google Review Problems Continue - Support Replies Local Reviews 1
djbaxter NEW New feature: You can now bump a thread if no one has replied to your question How To Guides 1
LocalSEODat Need help with a suspended GMB - Client had home address as place of biz, then suspended. Fixed to meet customers and got reply with no reason Service Area Businesses 6
F Replied to some stupid chain email, ended up getting my Google account disabled, got back on, now all my GMB listings are 'Suspended' but live in maps Google My Business & Google Maps 6
djbaxter How to post or reply How To Guides 0
V Google My Business script using GMB API - auto replies, question notifications, post scheduling Local SEO Tools & Software 0
raellovepie Google Messaging shows if it came from KP Quote button. Great for tracking & reply context. Google My Business & Google Maps 0
R Reply from Google about new maps not listing client correctly TODAY !!! MUST READ!! Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Linda Buquet David - replies via email Mod Squad 4
S Spammer Copied Reply Re: The REAL Secret to Ranking in Google Local Recycle Bin 1
djbaxter Recover Lost Text When Posting or Replying to a Thread Forum Tech Support 2
Linda Buquet Sample Mod Replies - Copy and Use if Needed Mod Squad 3
W Is it possible to remove reviews on GMB? Local Reviews 4
D Spam Fighting With Reviews Spam on Google 7
harmony How Does Google Choose Service Options in a Review? Local Reviews 6
abbiebeltran Google Reviews Now Have 'Service-Testimonial-Tags' at the Top Local Reviews 1
S Local Services Ads - Fake Reviews Local Reviews 1
djbaxter Google Maps Removed 55M Reviews & 3M Fake Business Profiles Spam on Google 2
E Review Spammer Help & Support for Google Local 2
C Fake google reviews on google my business Contact Us Messages 2
Greg Bernhardt Why some categories show review snippet and some don't? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 1
D GMB showing 2 Review sections at Zero Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Oliver Keates BBC - "Man to pay £25,000 damages over negative TrustPilot review" Local Search 6
Steve Attarian Has anyone had luck removing a Review by a non customer that gave one star because she noticed that the staff didn't wear masks when she walked by? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
swmaher Competitor Buying Fake Reviews Local Reviews 1
LauraUK SAB's - can a client without a Gmail leave a SAB a review. Service Area Businesses 3
M Google rule for collecting reviews from a dedicated tablet inside a store ? Local Reviews 8
micromano Will changing a business name in GMB cause reviews to be lost? Moving or Name Changes 3
R Facebook reviews dropped to 0; Google filtering reviews temporarily? Local Reviews 2
A Diminishing Returns on Number of Reviews? Local Reviews 6
Eoghan_MFeed Great customer review we pulled in for a client Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 0
MatGee Multiple Practitioners at Medical Office, Is It Possible To Share Reviews? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
djbaxter Webinar The State of Online Reviews in 2021 - January 14th at 2pm EST Events 0
C Review attributes gone missing Local Reviews 1
abbiebeltran Disgruntled former employee leaves 9 1-star reviews and counting on GMB listing Local Reviews 5
Koray Tuğberk GÜBÜR Review Schema Mark up and Google My Business Reviews Local Search 4
Professor M No Reviews on Local Packs for Car Wash Category in Different Countries Google My Business & Google Maps 1
rickvidallon Delay in Seeing New Reviews Postings Dec 2020 Local Reviews 2
nathangdavidson Anyone noticing reviews not being added to profiles? Local Reviews 5
Antonio 4500 plus reviews suspended for a 26-year-old hotel business. Local Reviews 17