Caroline

Reaction score
Hi,

One of my clients has employed a company who say that they can lobby Google to get rid of fake reviews. Is this possible to do? I thought not. Are there special ways to get spam reviews taken down which aren't offensive but still spam? I want to advise my client and not let him get ripped off by a company pertaining to do something they can't.

Thanks

Jac

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi,

One of my clients has employed a company who say that they can lobby Google to get rid of fake reviews. Is this possible to do? I thought not. Are there special ways to get spam reviews taken down which aren't offensive but still spam? I want to advise my client and not let him get ripped off by a company pertaining to do something they can't.

Thanks

Lol take care if they themselves post fake spam reviews and remove them later on after payment is received.

Eoghan_MFeed

Reaction score
It is possible but the keyword is 'lobby' here.

Basically all they'll do is flag the reviews to Google and try build a case for them to remove. If you're a trusted tester you'll have a Google My Business support manager too which will give you more weight but ultimately it's Google's call and your average agency doesn't have this level of access.

I've seen it successfully executed before and on the other side, it's a big waste of time and client distraction against things they can actually control.

Tell client to challenge them with a pilot 'spam' review they want removed. See how they get on before signing onto any longer term commits.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Chandra What is the state of reputation management in SEO and marketing? Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 1
Chad Fake, Negative Reviews & Reputation Management - A Personal Experience Recycle Bin 0
Yan Gilbert Free Webinar: How to Sell and Deliver Reputation Management to Clients Events 0
rosie.brightlocal New BrightLocal data: Online Reputation Management Survey Local Reviews 2
Linda Buquet Reviews & Reputation Management ▶ Martin Shervington & Jon Hall from Grade.us Local Reviews 0
Garrett Sussman 5 Tips to Strengthen Your Reputation Management Strategy and Boost Your SEO Local Reviews 0
Garrett Sussman The Best Candidates for Reputation Management Are Those Who Don't "Need" It Local Reviews 10
Garrett Sussman When Agencies should say No to Reputation Management Clients Local Reviews 4
P Local SEO Reputation Management - Time to Remove Those Bad Reviews Recycle Bin 0
P New To Local Search - Reputation Management Company Introduce Yourself - We're Friendly 7
Ajay Prasad Don't Just Manage Your Reputation?Improve it Local Reviews 1
Linda Buquet Local Reviews & Reputation Management Survey 2014 Local Reviews 3
Linda Buquet Google Launches New Review Monitoring, Reputation Management Module Local Reviews 28
L Reviews & Reputation Management... Local Reviews 1
Local Search News Curator Webinar: Reviews & Reputation Management for Local Businesses Recycle Bin 0
Linda Buquet Good Resource for Online Reviews AND Reputation Management News and Tips Local Reviews 0
R New Reputation Management Software includes Google Review Backups, Alerts ? See Sceen Recycle Bin 0
Linda Buquet Reputation Management Solution with Google Review Backups and Alerts - Just Launched Local SEO Tools & Software 5
Ben Walsh Reputable White Hat Backlink Providers Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 2
E Reputation Reviews When Relocating Moving or Name Changes 4
vivekrpatel Online Reputation & Google My Business Page Local Search 4
Garrett Sussman Buying a Reputation: The Pitfalls of Black Hat Review Marketing Local Reviews 2
Garrett Sussman 6 Ways To Boost Your Client?s Online Reputation Local Reviews 0
Linda Buquet Online Reputation Damage Control - ORM Negative Review Repair Local Reviews 4
Linda Buquet Local Reviews & Reputation Mini Roundup - Start the New Year Off Right! Local Reviews 3
Linda Buquet Tons of Gold Nuggets about Reviews & Reputation Building for Local Consultants Local Reviews 0
Linda Buquet Online Reputation Nightmare Clean Up Using SEO - 9 Tips from Chris Silver Smith Local Reviews 1
S Reputation App - Easily Sell To Your Clients/Offer As Part Of Your Services Recycle Bin 0
M Monitoring web presence and reputation Local Reviews 3
BekahBerry Managing one client with multiple listings and need to be alerted to reviews All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 4
E "Duplicate" Profile That Google Claims We Already Manage? Google Duplicates & Merges 5
Hammer Site manager trying to get listing ownership All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 6
S Google LSA Lead Board - How to manage? Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
0 Primary Owner hospitalized and has a stroke. Need to add myself as a manager. Verifying via phone calls only grants me Site Manager access. Help & Support for Google Local 2
A Listing suspended due to account manager spamming? Google advise to create new GMB Local Search 13
E Issues with managing business pages on Facebook Citations 3
Colan Nielsen NEW Free Apple Listing Management For Brands With 20+ Locations LSF News and Announcements 0
P Add locations to a bulk verified account as a manager - is it possible? Multi-Location Issues 2
Eoghan_MFeed Looking for a SaaS but more importantly Local Search experienced product managers 🔍 Local SEO Job Board 0
N Looking for help to gain access to manage a GMB profile? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
P Hiring Expert PPC/SEM Manager - DFW area Local SEO Job Board 0
Bryan Bloom Remote Content Manager/Planner/Editor 🎯 Local SEO Job Board 0
F Flagged Account Management? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
L GMB Manager, two new accounts suspended on one day Google My Business & Google Maps 3
A GasBuddy Local Listing Management Citations 1
Adam C. Google Local Services Ads Management / Setup Paid Search and Local Service Ads 13
N Creating new location groups, does it affect other owners/managers' views? Multi-Location Issues 2
RobertCarnitas Help Needed: Export/Copy List of Facebook Pages Managed Mobile & Social 4
K Gaining Access to Listing as a Site Manager Local Search 7
EmilyW Manager/owner account suspended? Google My Business & Google Maps 1