Tim Sweeney

Reaction score
One of my long time clients is preparing to retire. They are aiming for the end of 2017 and will start winding down operations at the 1st of the year. At this time, they have no one to continue the business.

When I spoke with the owners concerning what to do with their digital footprint (website, local listings, etc.), they asked about various options. So off the top of my head I mentioned:

1. Try to sell the digital assets outright. That means the domain, website and other local search assets. Of course, we'd have to value these assets.

2. Try the sell the entire business along with the digital assets.

3. Try to find someone to run the business for them while maintaining the digital assets.

4. Simply "closeout" all digital assets. For example, take down the website, mark the business closed, etc....

5. Come up with an ad driven monetization strategy for the website such as with Ad Sense.

There are of course many factors which would influence which option is chosen. Option 4 would be discarding all the value built over the years. Option 1 would allow a degree of recapturing of cost assuming if a buyer was found. Same for option 2. Based on the localization of their digital footprint, I don't think option 5 is viable.

I would be interested in knowing what other practitioners recommend to their clients. The client is in the manufactured and mobile home sector.

Thanks
Tim

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
L Client Buys retiring Competitor url Organic SEO 6
P Schema Ideas for Care Home / Retirement Home / Hospice Google My Business & Google Maps 3
J Physician retired but business location still open Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Kayla Adam What Strategy Should Been Used for My Wellness Clinic Local Search 5
Ben Walsh 2 location business onpage strategy, homepage vs service pages vs location pages Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 5
H Multi-Location Content Strategy Google Local 101 6
mhuber Is this geotagging strategy correct? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
SteinCoffee How to design content strategy to avoid filtering? Organic SEO 1
Ted J. Backlink Strategy for Brick and Mortar Gift Shop Local Search 19
David Wu Strategies to expand geographic coverage of my Google local search (3 pack) Local Search 29
Garrett Sussman 3 New Local Marketing Strategies That Agencies Can Use for Clients Local Reviews 2
Garrett Sussman Agency Strategy: Providing Managed vs. Self-Service Marketing Solutions Local Reviews 2
Garrett Sussman 3 Strategies For Prospecting Online Review Management Clients Local Reviews 2
CharlotteSEOExpert On-Page Local SEO Strategy for Quicker Rankings Local Search 0
Adam Potaznik Strategy: Where is the money to be made in 2018? Local Search 1
Garrett Sussman Location Marketing: Catchy Buzzword or Essential Marketing Strategy? Local Reviews 2
Garrett Sussman Mapping the Local Online Review Strategy That Every B2B Needs Local Reviews 9
vivekrpatel Marketing Strategy for Local Business Local Search 2
Garrett Sussman Local Search vs. Universal Search: Are You Choosing the Wrong Strategy? Local Reviews 0
Garrett Sussman 5 Local Marketing Strategies for Non-Local Businesses Local Reviews 0
Garrett Sussman 6 Sites to Target: What's Your Agency's Online Review Strategy? Local Reviews 2
R Citation Strategy For When One Company Buys another Business? Citations 10
Garrett Sussman 5 Tips to Strengthen Your Reputation Management Strategy and Boost Your SEO Local Reviews 0
Garrett Sussman Get More Reviews: How to Craft a Review Management Strategy for Your Clients Local Reviews 2
L What strategies do you use to increase customer reviews on your client's Google page? Local Reviews 8
S Content Creation strategy for franchises in a single website Local Content 7
S Content Creation strategy for franchises in a single website Local Content 7
Jim Froling Best Strategy For Re-Branding??? Local Search 3
JustinB How Buzzfeed Runs Their Social Media Strategy Mobile & Social 2
James Watt No BS Guide to Backlinks: 7 strategies Google loves Google My Business & Google Maps 13
C Let's talk listing strategy - multiple brands at a single location Local Search 7
P Operating a local directory as a marketing strategy? Consultant's Corner 19
Dustybones What is Your Local Search Strategy? Is it Diversified? Local Search 1
CodyBaird Frequency of Google Reviews & Complete Review Strategy in a Nutshell Local Reviews 7
Tim Colling Client with Multiple Locations - Organic and Local SEO strategy? Local Search 8
D A linking /social strategy to add traffic and customers: Diversify from the Pack Local Search 1
Linda Buquet Local SEO Strategy: Find Out what They Want and Give it To Them - 5 Ways (SEland) Local Search 0
Dustybones Google My Business Support Strategies By Andrew Shotland Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Dustybones 7 Hyperlocal Strategies You Can Take To Keep Readers Interested Local Search 2
Linda Buquet Technical Local SEO: Beyond Schema - Semantic Search Strategy Local Search 3
CaseyMeraz 20 Local SEO Nerds Share Strategy Tips Local Search 1
kevinjwiles Local SEO strategy Consultant's Corner 2
Linda Buquet Local Search: 9 Low Risk Link Building Strategies for Higher Rankings Local Search 0
D Cool Link Building Strategies Tool Organic SEO 2
Linda Buquet Pigeon Strategy :: Local Voice Search :: Google Review Tips :: Local Influencers Local Search 1
Linda Buquet Local SEO Strategy and Checklist for Local Search Consultants Consultant's Corner 0
Linda Buquet Coverage: Local Search Strategies Session @ #Pubcon Local Search 1
L Local Strategy for Home Builder & their new home communities Help & Support for Google Local 3
Dustybones Post Pigeon Strategies That Work And Don't Work Local Search 4
Linda Buquet Rock Solid & Simple Google Review Strategy Local Reviews 25