More threads by Herb

Herb

Reaction score
I recently started a new business, which is a spinoff of my previous business. The original business, which is now closed, operated for over 10 years and had a high Google ranking. When creating a Google Business Profile for the new business, I didn't think to get a new phone number and used the old phone number. After realizing this could cause NAP inconsistencies, I updated the new business's phone number on the GBP and as many citations as possible.

The change was made about six months ago. However, when I check NAP consistency with Semrush.com, it shows that platforms like Google Business Profile, Bing Pages, Google Search, ShowMeLocal, and Yelp have the new phone number but label it as the "Wrong Phone Number."

Does anyone have a suggestion on the importance of this, and how to fix the issue. I don't like seeing "Wrong Phone Number" when checking the NAP.

Thanks for any help or advice you can give.

Hi Herb,

The change was made about six months ago. However, when I check NAP consistency with Semrush.com, it shows that platforms like Google Business Profile, Bing Pages, Google Search, ShowMeLocal, and Yelp have the new phone number but label it as the "Wrong Phone Number."

Does anyone have a suggestion on the importance of this, and how to fix the issue. I don't like seeing "Wrong Phone Number" when checking the NAP.

I wouldn't worry about that. Do the tools have a source of truth that you need to manually update?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Events

LocalU - Sold Out

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom