More threads by MeganR

MeganR

Reaction score
I'm happy to see the new board for Reviews. Great idea.

I have a new client who is all about 'the orange stars.'

He wants schema review markup on his site - - but it's a single page site - - really a landing page.

Can you add review markup to a single page site?

I've always understood that you can only get the 'orange' stars to appear on an inside local landing page.

The good news is he does only have one location.

Would love any recommendations/clarification.

@MeganR, you can add Schema review markup to a one-pager, but the review stars won't show up in any search results where the homepage ranks. (I assume your client's one-page site is just a homepage.) Only markup on subpages can result in review stars showing up for those pages in the SERPs.

@MeganR, you can add Schema review markup to a one-pager, but the review stars won't show up in any search results where the homepage ranks. (I assume your client's one-page site is just a homepage.) Only markup on subpages can result in review stars showing up for those pages in the SERPs.

What about rich snippets for one-page sites?

@JustinB, as I alluded to, unless the one-page site consists of a subpage and not a homepage, the review stars will not show up.

Even then, they still might not show up. The quality of the site (well, at least Google's definition of quality) seems to matter to Google. One-pagers usually aren't real substantial.

@JustinB, as I alluded to, unless the one-page site consists of a subpage and not a homepage, the review stars will not show up.

Even then, they still might not show up. The quality of the site (well, at least Google's definition of quality) seems to matter to Google. One-pagers usually aren't real substantial.
I was referring to a rich snippet maybe like a recipe or answer to a frequently asked question, not review stars. Have a one-page client site going up soon, with 20 high quality answers (with videos) to FAQ and planned on doing rich snippets to show them in the pre-organic search results. The stars I can understand (or accept) - but other types of rich snippets too? Of course if quality was par to begin with...

@JustinB, glad you clarified, because we had been talking specifically about review stars. Good question, though. With the exception of sitelinks search boxes, I haven't seen any kind of rich snippets show up in the SERPs for homepages.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom