More threads by JS Girard

JS Girard

Solutions
Reaction score
We recently had a realtor whose profile was suspended and we're kind of between a rock and a hard place. As is usually recommended the profile was validated to their personal address. They are not separately incorporated, so that's out, and obviously we'd like to avoid having to validate in the agency office even if we can move it out after because that's a hassle.

Since their online material all reference the agency (located in a different area that they're not really targeting anyway), is there a way to navigate the reinstatement form without discussing the suspended profile's address?

No. But that's OK. Google is ok with residential addresses as long as the address gets cleared.

Thank you. We've generally dodged around this issue, so I'm not clear if I should mention it and how. Just plain "This is our client's residential address and there is no duplicate that we know of"?

For context, we're fairly sure the suspension was caused by a mixture of inappropriate categories added on top of real estate agent stuff because our client was trying to get french categories with "copropriété" (french for "condo") in them. The three highlighted categories are the French names for "tenant ownership", "condominium building" and "real estate developer":
1655741977896.png

For context, we're fairly sure the suspension was caused by a mixture of inappropriate categories added on top of real estate agent stuff because our client was trying to get french categories with "copropriété" (french for "condo") in them. The three highlighted categories are the French names for "tenant ownership", "condominium building" and "real estate developer":

I haven't heard of that causing a suspension before but it's possible.

How would you suggest handling multiple profiles tied to a single address? Like Realtors tied to a brokerage address?
I am aware of hiding home address as option vs using brokerage address. Negative impacts to hiding address?

Quick update: What we ended up doing was restoring it at the brokerage address and moving it back to the original private address, which when then hid. The client has no other profiles in the Montreal area.

How would you suggest handling multiple profiles tied to a single address? Like Realtors tied to a brokerage address?
I am aware of hiding home address as option vs using brokerage address. Negative impacts to hiding address?

There is no foolproof solution to avoiding the Google filter system for GBPs that share an address. I've seen a little more leniency in how many brokers can show (e.g. up to 4 out of 14, which is a much higher ratio than I would've expected two years ago!), but our trick is basically don't have two clients with the same address in the same vertical, period 😅 otherwise you're setting yourself for endless pain as they will wrestle for the same keyword (and that is not even accounting for possible competition.).

Hiding the address will avoid filtering from other profiles with displayed addresses, but if you have more than one SAB with the same address, you're back to square one, and you can't hope for the amount of profiles at the address to increase your chances of displaying both anymore!

We rarely have that issue with real estate agents (we usually end up with people with different offices), but we have run into cases where two denturists or massage therapists were sold that were in the same building, and that was no fun for anyone involved.

In terms of rankings, we don't see much difference from a hidden address anymore, but you do sometimes have to contend with some weird behind-the-scenes tomfoolery on top of the usual map display bugs. You see, the address is no longer visible to you, but Google can still change it. Specifically, we recently had a duplicate merged with our SAB, and the duplicate's address "took over", forcefully displacing the rankings for our client several towns over from her actual target area. That was one weird case to sherlock holmes our way out of, for sure!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom