Caroline

Reaction score
Hi,

A client of mine recently decided to work a bit more on a business he has. It is a service area business- he's a joiner and does work at clients' places. So the GMB listing doesn't have an address and has service areas listed.

We updated some service areas and immediately it was suspended. I contacted GMB via the reinstatement form and immediately received a reply saying that the business was ineligible. Is that correct? Definition in Google:
  • Service area business:A business that visits or delivers to customers directly, but doesn’t serve customers at their business address.
    • For example, businesses like cleaning services or plumbers.
    • Service area businesses can only create one profile for the metropolitan area that they serve.

So I tried to file a form to challenge the denial but the form has a field that needs completed which says upload store front images. But if it is a service area business then there are no images? I feel that i've missed something obvious here. I've raised this on the help forum but no response.
1635765444505.jpg

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Solution
H Caroline, instead of storefront images, you can upload images of the vehicles, signage etc.

I'd also give them a link to where Google can see the business is real (Secretary of State, BBB etc)

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
H Caroline, instead of storefront images, you can upload images of the vehicles, signage etc.

I'd also give them a link to where Google can see the business is real (Secretary of State, BBB etc)

Solution

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU

LocalU Nov2021

Most UpVoted Answers

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Google Product Exert

Top Bottom