More threads by Powersupport

Powersupport

Solutions
Reaction score
I am an electrical contractor. As a service area business I do not have any type of storefront. I had a listing on Apple Maps a few years ago, I’m not sure how it got there, maybe from Yelp. I contacted Apple about a small issue with my profile and they told me that I am not allowed to have a listing since I do not have a physical location. They took me off of Apple Maps completely.

It’s my understanding that other services use Apple Maps including when people are voice searching for an electrician. Is there anything that I could do about this?

Solution
Apple Business Connect does not have the feature to remove/hide the address. This has been posted on this forum before and confirmed SABs technically are not allowed to have Apple listings Apple Maps Connect - No Hide Address Option

So if you are a service area business with your address hidden on Google, you need to keep your address showing on Apple maps in order to keep the listing. Not idea I know but if you want to be on Apple you will need to show your address. Hopefully they fix this soon.
Apple Business Connect does not have the feature to remove/hide the address. This has been posted on this forum before and confirmed SABs technically are not allowed to have Apple listings Apple Maps Connect - No Hide Address Option

So if you are a service area business with your address hidden on Google, you need to keep your address showing on Apple maps in order to keep the listing. Not idea I know but if you want to be on Apple you will need to show your address. Hopefully they fix this soon.

Solution

Oh, so I can put my profile back on Apple Maps as long as I show my address? I have no problem with that. I guess I just thought they would take me off anyway since I don’t have a storefront.

Apple Maps won’t remove you if you don’t have a store front business.
This is what they sent me. The third paragraph was the killer:

IMG_1341.jpeg

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom