More threads by nicoco

nicoco

Reaction score
Hi all. This may have been answered before but I couldn't find anything about it.

What is the best practice for optimizing service page headers and page titles for a service area business (let's say plumber) that is trying to be found for new locations (3 to 4)?
For a single-location business I usually include the name of the location I want to rank for on all service pages "boiler repair Glendale" "blocked sink Glendale"and so on

If I create a new location page to target the nearby location of "Pasadena" for example, what should the page title header be? I was thinking of using the main service "Plumber Pasadena" and list the main services provided on the page. These would link back to the existing service pages but it doesn't make a lot of sense since they are optimised for Glendale and rank well. However I don't want to create dedicated service pages for Pasadena because the content is likely to be very similar. 🤷‍♀️

Many thanks

If I create a new location page to target the nearby location of "Pasadena" for example, what should the page title header be? I was thinking of using the main service "Plumber Pasadena" and list the main services provided on the page. These would link back to the existing service pages but it doesn't make a lot of sense since they are optimised for Glendale and rank well. However I don't want to create dedicated service pages for Pasadena because the content is likely to be very similar.
I would test out a page for Pasedena. It can be similar to the Glendale page because they target different geographic locations.

You might find this article useful - Can Service Area Pages With Duplicate or Similar Content Increase Traffic? - Sterling Sky Inc

And this one - How to Create Unique and Helpful Service Area Pages for Local Businesses - Sterling Sky Inc

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom