More threads by rich_marlatt

rich_marlatt

LocalU Member
Reaction score
I am curious to know if anyone has experience in the healthcare space with sharing User Generated Content? We are looking at setting up a "selfie" wall with fun signs to encourage patients to take selfies and share them on their social media. We would love to share some of those posts on Social Media and on GMB. Do we need them to sign a media/HIPAA release form?

@rich_marlatt, most people in the healthcare space seem not to bother. Or maybe they have such a smooth process that I just never hear about it, or they shake on it with patients. I think the latter's most common, because if someone stands for a selfie or consents to a before-and-after-video or photo, then that's de facto permission.

Just the same, it appears that technically you're supposed to have patients sign a model-release form. Like this one:

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom