More threads by leves

leves

Reaction score
Should i receive an email confirmation after submitting a GMB redressal form ?

Ive just submitted a couple for the first time and although i got a confirmation page and a case ID, i did not get a confirmation email sent to me.

I submitted some of the redressal forms, signed whilst into my google account and others whilst not signed into my google account, but it didnt seem to make a differerence.

Does that sound right ?

So i submitted 5 redressal forms on 15th march related to this particular niche and city.

All of the companies i submitted the redressal form where doing some sort of keyword stuffing in their company name.

One of these companies, we will call Company X, actually just had their company name in GMB as a keyword and nothing else. For company X in addition to the redressal form i also submitted an update to their listing.

Its now 30th march (15 days later)

Only 1 of the 5 (not company X) has had their name changed since ive submitted the redressal form and none of the others have changed.

What should i do next ?

Interestingly i never received a confirmation email for any of the redressal form submissions, but i did save all the case IDs.

So i submitted 5 redressal forms on 15th march related to this particular niche and city.

All of the companies i submitted the redressal form where doing some sort of keyword stuffing in their company name.

One of these companies, we will call Company X, actually just had their company name in GMB as a keyword and nothing else. For company X in addition to the redressal form i also submitted an update to their listing.

Its now 30th march (15 days later)

Only 1 of the 5 (not company X) has had their name changed since ive submitted the redressal form and none of the others have changed.

What should i do next ?

Interestingly i never received a confirmation email for any of the redressal form submissions, but i did save all the case IDs.

escalate those cases on the GBP forum

Thanks @Professor M I’ve not used the GBP forum before. Is there any particular thread / forum section I should use ? Also what format should the post be in eg. Should I just mention the case IDs or submit basically the same info as the redressal form in the forum?

Do you have an example forum post you could point me in the direction of to follow ?

Thanks @Professor M in your experience can i just post the case IDs and an outline description of what the actual spam was eg. keyword stuffing in title.

If possible i would like not to publicly name the businesses on a public forum

Thanks @Professor M in your experience can i just post the case IDs and an outline description of what the actual spam was eg. keyword stuffing in title.

If possible i would like not to publicly name the businesses on a public forum

You can do that, a Product Expert may ask you for the links to those profiles

Thanks @Professor M ive escalated the cases on the forum (this was 3 days ago) but ive noticed the forum post hasnt gone live. I presumed at the time there might be some human moderation, and thats why the post isnt live, but after 3 days i thought it would have been published.

If i login using my google account i can see the post, but if im not signed in i cant see the post, does anything show up for you here - https://support.google.com/business/thread/158577272?hl=en

Ive also attached a screenshot of the post for reference

Screenshot 2022-04-07 at 16.15.30.jpg

no I can't see that page, I believe it was filtered.
Just try to change the wording (I would remove stuffing) and perhaps use a google doc to explain the situation in full.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom