Lanerizz

Reaction score
Hey, I have one listing that suddenly stopped showing any results on December 9th: 2020-01-07_0939

No suspension, nothing in Google My Business that would indicate this.

Weirder still is rankings do not appear to have changed: 2020-01-07_1011

Still showing for business name: 2020-01-07_0941

Still showing for keywords: 2020-01-07_0942
2020-01-07_0942

They're even running Local Services Ads, and that is still live with no issues.

Anyone seeing glitches, or can think of why this would happen?

Only thing that changed within the recent time period was on November 27th, we changed from zip codes to counties to adjust to Google's new Max 20 Services Areas rule. Ended up going with what Google recommended: 2020-01-07_0946

Anyone seeing something similar? Or anything I'm not seeing?

Lanerizz

Reaction score
Colan per usual you're a smart and helpful man! I do tag them and Search Console is showing less traffic but not zero, so that would confirm the reporting glitch. Appreciate the confirmation of sanity.

I did go and add in more specific zip code Service areas to test to see if that would help. Not sure if there's any research on that but we'll see what I find out.

Follow up question: How do I fix it? Do I report it to Google My Business support?

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Awesome! Best you can do is create a thread at the Google My Business forum and one of the Product Experts can send it over to GMB to see if it is part of a wider issue.

Cheers!

Artem Okhrei

Reaction score
Hello to everyone!
Apologies for starting exploring this forum with a question but still this issue makes me a little bit nervous.
I analyzed GMB statistics for the previous month and faced with a huge drop of map views of my two GMB listings.
The drop took start on December 13 (see attached images below, they are showing data for past quarter).
The views on search didn't change. Only on maps.
Actions decreased, but only slightly.
Google Ads campaign was working during all the December.
I know that the views on map is not a best metric to deal with, anyway I'm curious about reasons of such a change.
Has anybody ever faced with this before?

PS. The local business is represented by 7 shops of wallpapers in Kyiv which belong to one brand/company. Only 2 with the best performance (views, searches, actions) was affected (I described the situation with them above and pics below belong to them). Others 5 didn't show any drop but their performance is poorer.

r2.png

r.png

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
I'm merging these 2 threads as they're related. I'll check around to see if others are seeing a drop in views.

As a side note, I would not recommend paying attention to the "views" metric. It's basically a reflection of every single time your listing appeared on the map and has nothing to do with how many people actually searched for you.

Artem Okhrei

Reaction score
As a side note, I would not recommend paying attention to the "views" metric. It's basically a reflection of every single time your listing appeared on the map and has nothing to do with how many people actually searched for you.
Thank you for clarification!

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
N Would changing the main business category drop a GMB rankings significantly or at all if it's in the same industry? Local Content 7
JoshuaMackens Anyone seen a significant drop in local finder rankings lately? Local Search 3
L Significant google algo change in the last few days? Organic SEO 4
C Are the second tier local directories significant? Where's the traffic data? Local Search 49
Colan Nielsen Significant G+ Local Ranking Shifts Google My Business & Google Maps 40
R Facebook reviews dropped to 0; Google filtering reviews temporarily? Local Reviews 2
Ben Walsh The client won't drop it with disavowing links Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 4
Y Whenever I publish update for my local business, my local rankings drop for 3-4 days Local Search 1
Zhanna Which tracker shows correct data? Massive drop down in rankings in one of the trackers Help & Support for Google Local 3
Tyler Hammer GMB Photo Views Dropped Sep 1st Help & Support for Google Local 8
N DUP Main keywords Unexpectedly dropped Recycle Bin 4
MKubot Listing Drop Off Google Duplicates & Merges 4
J Zip code change cause rankings drop? Covid posts? Google Algorithm Discussions 3
R COVID19 Banner Caused Drop In GMB Local Search 1
K Claimed a Listing, Went to 404 Then Dropped 5 Dupes in Dash Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Y Sudden GMB Ranking Drop for all keywords Google My Business & Google Maps 7
S February GMB Insights-HUGE DROP Google Algorithm Discussions 8
S Searches dropped way down for new listing Local Search 0
Michael Charvet Google Dropping Reviews for Education Institutions? Local Reviews 2
V Massive drop overnight on GMB Google My Business & Google Maps 2
L Big Drop in the number of new reviews made by customers Local Reviews 1
MarianoF Trending [November 5, 2019 Local Algorithm Update] Unexplained big drops in GMB rankings Google Algorithm Discussions 242
IMP Map Ranking Drop Google My Business & Google Maps 3
JoshuaMackens Interesting Client Drop - Google Maps Local Search 7
djbaxter Link drop BipperMedia Warnings and Bans 0
eshad Seen a big drop in views on GMB insights? Local Search 19
vinchenson Changed to SAB and Traffic Dropped Big Time Recycle Bin 0
S Sudden organic drop after a year of stability Organic SEO 12
ForwardMotion Changed to SAB and Traffic Dropped Big Time Service Area Businesses 26
J Drop to 0 in views and actions over the weekend (3/29-4/1) Google My Business & Google Maps 4
L March 5th Precipitous Drop Google Local 101 3
S Organic drop with server down? Organic SEO 10
S Rankings Drop After Changing Alt Text Images?? Organic SEO 10
georgebizpro Client moved, been updating citations but rankings dropping Google My Business & Google Maps 8
J Ranking dropped Google Algorithm Discussions 8
iFuse Client Drops Bomb Local Search 4
JoyHawkins Massive Drops in Search Console for Sites Using UTM Codes in GMB Local Search 21
vivekrpatel Essentially the Issue: Same Website for a Different Country Sudden Ranking Drop Local Search 4
C Most Likely Ranking Factor Dropped Me Out of 3-Pack? Local Search 3
L Analysing a google local ranking drop and how to fix it ? Local Search 2
A Rankings only dropped in maps & 3-pack, can't find the culprit. Help & Support for Google Local 16
B Changed domains and rankings dropped. Any ideas? Local Search 3
P Could i have some advice on a recent drop in rankings on a clients site Local Search 4
Tim Colling SEM Post: Google Local 3-Pack Drops Organic Listing for Local Ad Local Search 0
obcted Sudden Steep Drop + Strange Happenings Local Search 9
Nick Rink Help needed - Maps rankings drop Help & Support for Google Local 6
R New Site Drop in Organic Traffic No Drop in Rankings Organic SEO 11
Marcus Sudden big drop in ranking Local Search 13
rmorgan Rafting Company wants drop sites along river to show up in maps, not main office Local Search 6
E Link drop-low quality Recycle Bin 1